UKC

Any bright ideas?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frazer 18 Feb 2015
Now then folks,

so we're up for the week until saturday. It's rained all day today Ben side of things, up in the northern corries today saw everything mushy, melty and pissing water.

Anyone got an 'ace up the sleeve' on what to do the next few days???

We're looking for technical winter climbing btw

Any suggestions would be most welcome cheers, couple of my mates have driven all the way from Belgium and are looking a little dispirited

thanks
 JohnnyW 18 Feb 2015
In reply to Frazer:

Well with the caveat that I write this from my desk in Livingston, things should be cooling down again significantly from tonight, and I would expect some significant consolidation, (before new snow falls on top, so be careful).

Looking at the forecast, I wouldn't be worrying about melting, more wind and visibility. Some 'proper' Scottish conditions coming our way I feel.

I'm up on Friday.................
 planetmarshall 18 Feb 2015
In reply to Frazer:
One day of thaw and you're feeling despondent? Maybe you need to rethink your decision to do Scottish Winter climbing...

Met Office forecasts sub-zero temperatures at the Cairngorm base station from Thu evening onwards togeher with frequent snow fall.

The base of Indicator Wall on Nevis is at about 1200m, so I would bet on Indicator, Good Friday, Smiths etc to be climbable from tomorrow, though the Ben is forecast to see heavier snowfall than the Cairngorms so Avalanche risk would be a concern.

Andrew.
Post edited at 14:49
 LakesWinter 18 Feb 2015
In reply to Frazer:

Go out again tomorrow once it has all re frozen and you should find some good conditions would be my suggestion.
OP Frazer 18 Feb 2015
In reply to Frazer:

cheers for suggestions guys. might i add i'm up for a couple of months so i'm not too bothered or despondent it was more of a request for the guys that've driven 13hours from Belgium for a few days.

Off to the Ben and we'll see
 James Dunn 18 Feb 2015
In reply to Frazer:

Updates would be much appreciated.
 JohnnyW 19 Feb 2015
In reply to Frazer:

It's this wind that may be your challenge the now I reckon........... Crap weather nav practice for me over the weekend, and I reckon I will be getting a buffeting!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...