UKC

Is there a national rappel team in the UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Valkyrie1968 20 Feb 2015
Hi,

Im not that interested in the climbing side as i Keep on getting injured and besides my first true love was always rappeling. There seems to be some interest in abseiling in these parts, but I can't say it's taken my fancy; very much a rappel kind of guy.

I am keen to develop this further and was wondering if there is a national rappel team in the UK? If so how can I get involved?

Im quite experienced and can rappel left and right handed if that helps and have even done it in the dark with a head torch!!

I am based in the South West but would be happy to commute to meet up with some other like minded rappellers!??

Look forward to it

Cheers in advance
 zimpara 20 Feb 2015
In reply to Valkyrie1968:

These threads are getting annoying now.

Dear zimpara,
as a super psyched rap-guy, I do not trust these things called threads, not safe enough.
But, Valkyrie1968, good to eventually see a like minded soul, I've also not understood the UK fascination with abseiling.
Do you fancy meeting up to simul-rapel around Stoney Cove, near Leicester, the base is a bit damp, I could bolt the rap point to suit, or we could conquer Lawrencefield as it's really close to the road and car park, and I can bring my own rap posts.
(Howden dam wall looks cool as well when the water levels drop, I have my own cordless to sink a few good rap descent stations)
Post edited at 23:54

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...