UKC

Today on Stob Coire nan Lochan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 m dunn 22 Feb 2015

Took a nasty fall from Twisting Grooves today. As usual, the climbing community rallied round so thanks to all who helped, particularly the group of 4 who are staying in the Youth Hostel and Guides Ally and Mark. As well of course as partners Stuart and Graeme. Choppered to Glasgow (tentative diagnosis of ruptured medial collateral ligament) and the knee is the size of a football

Brilliant response from Taff and the flight crew. And heartfelt thanks to the members of the Glencoe MRT who turned up in jig time. Also, NHS staff who dealt wonderfully with a daft climber on their busiest night of the week,

Anyway; thanks again to all....
Post edited at 01:57
 Richie Tyrrell 22 Feb 2015
In reply to m dunn:

Accidents do happen. I wish you a speedy recovery and get back out as soon as possible.
 Stuart438 22 Feb 2015
In reply to m dunn:

If Arran & Andrew from the Youth Hostel could email me, I will return 2 screwgates to you (we left your other gear in the drying room at the YH). Thanks again to everyone involved.

Cheers
Stuart
 rony 23 Feb 2015
In reply to m dunn:

Sorry to hear about your fall Mike. I hope that your knee gets fully repaired.

Roy
PS - tell you what - don't think that you have to make an effort get to the AGM.
 John Workman 24 Feb 2015
In reply to m dunn:
Mike
Heard about your accident via Billy, which I have to report did include a fair bit of gloating about drinking your drink and eating your eats in your enforced absence.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
After your trip [pun intended] on our way into Barrisdale that Christmas, I'm wondering if your knees aren't becoming your Achilles heel - if you see what I mean?
Anyway - Get well soon.
John
 AllanT_87 24 Feb 2015
Saw you spill out at the bottom from high up the Dorsal. Was pretty relieved to see you moving! I was surprised to see you guys heading for that area after the first slide came down right enough, just goes to show that lightning can strike twice!

All the best for your recovery mate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...