UKC

down sleeping bag recommendation?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 anaesthetic 22 Feb 2015
Any recommendations for a womens (or short - I'm 5'3") down bag, ~0degC comfort, <1kg, around £200?
Was gonna get Rab Neutrino 400 women's until they pulled out of the MTA pro-deal, now its out of my price range!
Rummmer 23 Feb 2015
In reply to anaesthetic:
North Face Blue Kazoo is brilliant not sure if it meets all you specifications, but from my own experiences it does the job really well.
OP anaesthetic 23 Feb 2015
Thanks for recommendations. I am really looking for something sub 1kg to replace my MH Lamina20, which is warm enough but heavy & bulky for multi-day backpacking. Now looking at MH Heratio 32.
 ben b 24 Feb 2015
In reply to anaesthetic:

If you aren't in a testing hurry I would definitely wait until the next PHD sale. I don't believe you will get a higher quality bag even at the non sale price, but the sale makes it less painful. There seems to be one every few months. They can also make them exactly to order for the diminutive climber
I have a minimus bag for mountain marathons but use it backpacking and bivvying as well, it is a wonderful bit of kit. And under 500g it's all I use above zero degrees.

B
In reply to anaesthetic:

http://www.h18orr.com/products/down-sleeping-bag

Try these guys. Small British company. Plus bags will fit you perfectly.
OP anaesthetic 26 Feb 2015
In reply to ben b:

Want it by Easter so will see what crops up. I did price up a custom one, bit too pricey, I seem to want the moon-on-a-stick
OP anaesthetic 26 Feb 2015
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

Interesting....thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...