UKC

road cycling mallorca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I am planning a road cycling trip to mallorca and have been looking online at a couple of training camps - one is stuarthall cycling in pollensa and one is stephen roche cycling in palma nova, does anyone know either of these camps or the areas? cheers
 Dark-Cloud 22 Feb 2015
In reply to Lorraine McCall:

Been to Mallorca many times riding, Pollenca is by far the better area, both riding and general surroundings.
 Kimono 22 Feb 2015

as an aside, can someone please explain why so many brits head out to mallorca? Is it really so great there?
 Dark-Cloud 22 Feb 2015
In reply to Kimono:

> as an aside, can someone please explain why so many brits head out to mallorca? Is it really so great there?

Warm weather, quiet roads, good riding, considerate drivers, plentiful good accommodation in off season, 2 hour flight, need I go on ?
 AlisonSmiles 22 Feb 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:
They actually resurface roads to make it more pleasant for cyclists. Hills, beaches, hotels with bike stores ... ... I went out with labyrinthitis when I could hardly walk or climb stairs but the road riding was still good.

I've been to Pollenca. There are routes there I'd happily just repeat. Cap de Formenter is worth a google image search.
Post edited at 20:18
 Dark-Cloud 22 Feb 2015
In reply to AlisonSmiles:

Rode the Selva the season it was resurfaced, still probably my favourite climb and I have done a few !

thanks guys - looks like I'm heading for Pollensa.....
 pamph 23 Feb 2015

I've been about a dozen times over the years for cycling, climbing and hill running and I have always had a great time. Puerto Pollensa is an ideal base, as you have the option of flat runs (out to Alcudia or Sa Pobla and then east) or hills, either Formentor or up the big hills towards Lluc. I have been climbing there and managed to hire reasonable bikes for the wet days, having taken my shoes, pedals, helmet and basic cycling clothes. The weather is generally reliable, but I have had a couple of wet trips (in March), so take basic wet weather gear if the long range forecast is a bit iffy. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...