UKC

Is there a technique or skill....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mmmhumous 22 Feb 2015
...to conducting oneself with a sense of decorum and dignity when exiting over/through a soft cornice?

My partner and I achieved neither on Friday, opting instead for a more free-style thrutching and thrashing technique. Should we have just bit the bullet and cut huge steps though, or opened up charlie tunnel and dug for freedom?
 Billhook 22 Feb 2015
In reply to mmmhumous:

Sounds pretty much good form to me. "Any which way you can"

But beware chopping great chunks out of a cornice in new snow or thaw conditions as it may land on your lap taking you for an unscheduled descent!
In reply to mmmhumous:

I think a two pronged attack of thinking your deftly and swiftly pulling up and over in one graceful move , whilst actually looking like you're swimming through a vertical ball pit while dancing to 90s techno is the most common approach
 Neil Anderson 22 Feb 2015
In reply to mmmhumous:

follow someone up who has nicely cleared a route through for you, and quip "what took you when you pass them on the walk off"
 Tricadam 23 Feb 2015
In reply to mmmhumous:

What you're aiming for is commonly referred to as the beached whale.

That's one you won't learn at the indoor wall.
 wilkie14c 23 Feb 2015
In reply to mmmhumous:
The proper way to conduct oneself on a route with a possible cornice is to fix the first pitch so your mate eventually gets the cornice pitch. If you are faced with a cornice pitch consider yourself a trainee and learn from your mates shrewdness
Post edited at 05:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...