UKC

Petzl Lynx Crampons + Nepal Extremes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sam_craddock 22 Feb 2015
Having trouble getting the front points to point forward. They are pointing more to the side. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with other boots and how I could solve it? I was wondering if the curved linking bars would be better?
 Mountain Llama 22 Feb 2015
In reply to sam_craddock:

Any chance of a picture?

Just spent a week ice climbing and my partner used nepal and lynx without issue.

If they are pointing inwards then that's how they are supposed to be - assymetric profile of the boot allows for the toe points to be angled more poistively towards the rock/ice so you don't have to turn your foot as much for them to engage with the rock/ice easier.
 Mr Trebus 22 Feb 2015
I have the same problem on my koflach doubles ( they are not asymmetric). If you tweak the front bails on the front hole and the other the second it makes it a much more forward facing.

Al
Post edited at 21:17
 Si Withington 22 Feb 2015

As above the above. They're supposed to point inwards and follow the curvature of the boot. It's a good thing.
 barbeg 22 Feb 2015

Hi Sam,

As all of the above comments - as well as instructing outdoors I teach ice climbing at an indoor ice wall...use Nepals & Lynx all the time.....great combination exactly because of the orientation you allude to. Go forth & climb !!

ANdy
 Gazlynn 22 Feb 2015

Try turning the linking bar round on them so the right is on the left and vise versa.

Cheers

Gaz
 OllieF 23 Feb 2015

Leave them as they are, they are meant to be alligned that way I have a Lynx/Nepal Evo set up and wouldn't change it for anything else!
In reply to Gazlynn:

> Try turning the linking bar round on them so the right is on the left and vise versa.

> Cheers

> Gaz

That sounds potentially dangerous.
 RoK 23 Feb 2015
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

For me on a pair of phantom guides it straightened up the front points perfectly but left the inside foot downward facing points running down near to the mid line of the boot.

Climbed fine going by my limited experience. Was doing short walk ins on easy terrain though. Have had them inward pointing since i noticed that though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...