UKC

Cash for Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jim C 23 Feb 2015
This morning I listened to Sir Malcolm Rifkind say emphatically he had done nothing wrong, and in the process implicated very many more MPs as doing similar 'work'

If ( he ( and Straw) are now subsequently found to have broken rules, it would only be fair that all other MPs that have done the same thing, are then similarly investigated( or better they all refer themselves to the standards committee, before they are named by others)

But of course, is it at all likely that any committee will find one of 'their own' guilty of anything?
 icnoble 23 Feb 2015
In reply to Jim C:

The Labour Party is relatively silent on this, their stance on Jack Straw is that he made an unfortunately error. Can you imagine the stink if it had only been Rifkind who had been caught out.
Jim C 23 Feb 2015
In reply to icnoble:

> The Labour Party is relatively silent on this, their stance on Jack Straw is that he made an unfortunately error. Can you imagine the stink if it had only been Rifkind who had been caught out.

But to be fair, the Labour Party have come out and said new Labour MPs will be banned from second jobs ( all the more 'work' for the rest of sitting MPs who already have them?)
 Trangia 23 Feb 2015
In reply to Jim C:

I don't see how MPs can have time for a second job if they are doing their job as an MP properly, so it maskes sense to ban it. Otherwise they will have a conflict of time, and I wouldn't feel happy voting for anyone unless I thought they would devote 110% of their time to representing their constituents.
 Oceanrower 23 Feb 2015
In reply to Trangia:

I take it maths isn't your strong point.......
 Trangia 23 Feb 2015
In reply to Oceanrower:

I disagree 120%

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...