UKC

Lurchers and Aladdin's Mirror Direct

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe.91 24 Feb 2015
Anybody been recently to see how the ice is doing in either Lurchers or Aladdin's Mirror Direct?
 JohnnyW 24 Feb 2015
In reply to joe.91:

AMD looked complete to me when I was in the coire on Saturday
 barbeg 24 Feb 2015
In reply to JohnnyW:

...hows the training going mate?

ANdy
 JohnnyW 24 Feb 2015
In reply to Andrew Mallinson:
Pretty well thanks ANdy. Don't want to get too cocky, but the couple of extra weeks I gained by it being postponed has allowed me to relax a bit. Bloody glad I wasn't up there this week as planned! Grimsville.

Night nav in the Ochils or Campsies tomorrow, then back up this weekend, trying to see if I can at least pretend to be able to demo axe arrest on my left hand side.....
Post edited at 15:41
 Andy Nisbet 24 Feb 2015
In reply to joe.91:

It's getting a bit late in the year for Lurcher's. It's forecast to be quite sunny tomorrow. I think there will be ice but you'd need to be in early, which could be difficult with deep snow. But it might be good.
 barbeg 24 Feb 2015
In reply to JohnnyW:

Happy days mate, I'm sure you'll be fine. Axe arrest...always been a right handed man myself......!
Gi it laldy...

ANdy
OP joe.91 24 Feb 2015
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. That was my concern however given the SAIS forecast its perhaps the safest place to go!
 nickcj 24 Feb 2015
In reply to joe.91:

Ice in lurchers was 'rubbish' according to a friend who went there on Friday... Guess it didn't really survive the big that last week
 JohnnyW 24 Feb 2015
In reply to joe.91:
But on another thread, a chap confirmed AMD was OK as I thought. Hope it's fatter and less steep for you than when I struggled up it earlier this season!
Post edited at 22:41
 machine 25 Feb 2015
In reply to joe.91:

Hi

I climbed AMD on Sat 21st. It was in good nick.
 Tom F Harding 25 Feb 2015
In reply to joe.91:

A bit out of date now but we did North gully on lurcher's on the 16th and the whole bottom pitch was pretty much ice free. The next 2/3 pitches above still had good ice but it was on the way out as well. It's going to have needed a considerable refreeze to be worth a trip there now I would have thought.
 jon59 25 Feb 2015
In reply to joe.91:
Had a great day on north gully yesterday with loads of usable ice with bigger pitches than normal. I did central gully today which was thin at the bottom but better as you went up, however the temps has risen it was melting. K9 is not touching down nor is window gully.
Post edited at 22:26
 Trevers 25 Feb 2015
In reply to machine:

> Hi

> I climbed AMD on Sat 21st. It was in good nick.

Was this you by any chance?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152867858864864&set=a.1015286...
 Roberttaylor 26 Feb 2015
In reply to joe.91:

AMD still in good nick as of 25th Feb. Hooked out.
 pass and peak 27 Feb 2015
In reply to joe.91:

In Sneachda today, Improving as the day went on, Neve in great nick everywhere, more ice building after the wash on Wednesday night. AMD in good nick and gets climbed almost everyday. Howling a gale later this afternoon though!
 machine 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Trevers:

Yes that's me. First day out climbing this winter and I really enjoyed it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...