UKC

Earl Brutus, under-rated 90's band

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 24 Feb 2015
I bought the Universal Plan single when it came out and loved it, but somehow didn't get round to any of their other stuff. Been listening to Tonight You Are The Special One over the last few weeks and absolutely loving it. Any fans here, anyone see them live? The shows were supposed to be riotous. I'd love to hear the 1st album but cheapest I can find is £40, anyone got a cheaper copy? Also going to check out World of Twist who shared some members with Brutus.
 climbingpixie 24 Feb 2015
In reply to aln:

They were the first band I ever saw live, when I was 14, supporting Pulp at some venue in Newcastle in 1996. I don't remember them being anything special live but I wasn't very familiar with their music, only knowing a track or two that I'd heard on the Evening Session, and I suspect that their live show was limited by them being support. I've just gone and reminded myself what they sound like after reading this and they're better than I remembered!
OP aln 24 Feb 2015
In reply to climbingpixie:

> They were the first band I ever saw live, when I was 14,

Brilliant.

I've just gone and reminded myself what they sound like after reading this and they're better than I remembered!

Totally

tony 25 Feb 2015
In reply to aln:

I remember Earl Brutus. Never got to see them live, but I really enjoyed their albums. I had thought I still had my CDs, but I can't find on them on the shelves. I do, however, have a rip of Your Majesty, We are Here.
OP aln 25 Feb 2015
In reply to tony:

>I do, however, have a rip of Your Majesty, We are Here.

Would it be possible for me to hear that?

tony 25 Feb 2015
In reply to aln:

Send me an email through my profile.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...