UKC

NEWS: 8C and 8B+ in a day for Ned Feehally

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Feb 2015
Atrésie assis, 4 kbNed Feehally is currently in Fontainebleau, France where he has had an impressive run of form - climbing an 8C and an 8B+ in one day.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69539
 rice boy 26 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Clearly this is hard but looking over the photo for more than a second (and those holds) made my eyes water. Top effort.
In reply to UKC News:

Probably one of the most significant British bouldering feats in recent years. Well done Ned!
In reply to rice boy:

Those crimps you get on the edges of the marbley stuff are bad enough when it's vertical.

Nice one Ned, inspirational!!
 simes303 26 Feb 2015
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Jan Hojer doesn't use those crimps in the video.
 AMorris 26 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Did Ned use the 8C beta for Jour de Chasse then? Otherwise I thought it was 8B+
 aphex 26 Feb 2015
In reply to AMorris:

I imagine you'd know all about the 8c beta. Has it become an eliminate?
 PTatts 02 Mar 2015
In reply to aphex:

It's a fair question though. Granted I know bugger all about climbing 8B+/8C, but if a climb 8B+ in the UKC logbooks, and in the linked news article it says:

"Needless to say none of the repeaters has used the same beta and the problem has, consequently, been downgraded to ~8B+."

it does seem odd to be claiming a 8C ascent without some sort of justification/explanation.

Asking this question takes nothing away from a hugely impressive ascent, which is possibly the first 8C problem done by a Brit in the forest (?), but does seem sloppy reporting.
 AMorris 02 Mar 2015
In reply to aphex:

seems like it might have not so much become an eliminate but settled in grade since new beta was found, Jan's original sequence was claimed at 8C but it seems strange to report it as 8C without mentioning whether he used the FA's method or GiGi's. Its a significant ascent either way but its worth knowing whether Ned claims 8C or 8B+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...