UKC

Adidas Terrex Approach Shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ianstevens 26 Feb 2015
Anyone used a pair of these?

I ask as they're cheap at Outside at the moment, and my approach shoes have holes in. Look like they'll be decent in more rocky climes, but as we all live in the UK - how do they cope with muddy, grassy, slippery approaches? I don't expect them to be waterproof (after all, they're just souped up trainers) but if I could get about the place without falling on my arse that would be nice.

Cheers for any advice!
 jezb1 26 Feb 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

I have a pair, really like them.

Much more grippy than my various pairs of 5.10 shoes with the dotty type rubber.

I fitted mine quite snug for climbing more than walking.
OP ianstevens 26 Feb 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Cheers. Never been a fan of 5.10's myself. Currently have a pair of Scarpa's, but have always found them a bit crap to climb in personally. Bizarely the rubber seems to be more sticky when it's a little damp.
In reply to ianstevens: I've got a pair and I'm fairly impressed. I've got narrower feet and most of the other makes seemed to be a bit too wide to fit well for scrambling/climbing use.
HTH.
 jezb1 26 Feb 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

> Cheers. Never been a fan of 5.10's myself. Currently have a pair of Scarpa's, but have always found them a bit crap to climb in personally. Bizarely the rubber seems to be more sticky when it's a little damp.

The cruxes? I've had some of them, the Terrex feels a bit stiffer to me, in a good way. They're pretty precise for what they are.
 Oujmik 26 Feb 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

I've got some of these:

http://premiersport.co.uk/shop/women-adidas-womens-terrex-swift-solo-v23200...

They seem good, very 'trainer like' comfy feel (maybe a but too spongy for precise foot placement?) and they don't slip on grass but I haven't been able to try them on any proper rock yet. They were advertised as Stealth but I'm not sure if they are as there is no branding on the sole to that affect. I hope I won;t be disappointed when I get them on rock.
OP ianstevens 26 Feb 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Yeah, cruxes - don't think they ever really fitted me that well in all honesty, or maybe I expected a bit to much from them.

Oukmik - I think the reason those ones are cheaper is because they're not stealth. Although it might be the case they just don't have the branding (which means you look less cool)

Cheers for the advice, I'm going to get some - ultimately I'll just end up with a pair of expensive trainers if they're pants outdoors.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...