UKC

Astana

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JMGLondon 27 Feb 2015
 balmybaldwin 27 Feb 2015
In reply to JMGLondon:

Good. I hope this doent mean we loose Nibbles from the tour though
 Chris the Tall 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

Excellent stuff from inner ring (as ever). Particularly this line

"The theoretical solution would be a management clear out but the Kazakh sponsors can hardly get rid of Vinokourov. The team has changed managers over the years, you’ll remember – chuckle – they brought in Johan Bruyneel to help clean up after previous doping scandals and this was just one of several managerial switch. There could be a managerial clear-out but it’s hard to expect. Instead we’ll probably see money thrown at the lawyers with an appeal."

Astana has been dirty from day 1. Actually from well before that when it was Liberty Siguros (or were they a band) or Astana-Wurth. And then you had Bertie and the beef, Lance, Kruiezinger and of course the various doping and bribery scandals from Vino himself. Having said that I think there's a fair chance that Nibbles is clean, along with the rest of the Italian enclave in there (though hiring Pantani's doctor was a strange move), but this is the risk you take when you go after the money.

Hopefully the UCI's approach will pay off and this will be upheld by CAS. It will be sad not to see Nibbles defend his title at the tour, but worth it not to see Vino there.
 DaveHK 28 Feb 2015
In reply to JMGLondon:

About bloody time. There are lots of folks being critical of what they see as Cookson's failure to deal with doping like he promised but I think it's just down to him having to fight powerful vested interests.
 balmybaldwin 28 Feb 2015
In reply to DaveHK:

That and he needs to follow due process to reduce risk of decisions being overturned by CAS
 Skipinder 28 Feb 2015
In reply to JMGLondon:

So Jens was wrong and bears weren't required!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...