UKC

Unusual Finds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 27 Feb 2015

I was going around a massive old Edgar Wood designed house today with a surveyor, all the rooms up on the top floor were full of junk and I spotted something rather unexpected.

A Sinclair C5, the owner of the house didn't have a clue what it was and was quite surprised by my interest.

So looking at an important Arts & Craft building I discovered an icon of the 1980s.
Post edited at 20:00
 Dave the Rave 27 Feb 2015
In reply to The New NickB:
In an elderly clients house today, I was shown an original copy of Fly Fishing by JR Hartley!
 Ridge 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Dave the Rave:

> In an elderly clients house today, I was shown an original copy of Fly Fishing by JR Hartley!

That must date back to ...er.....the 1980s
 Jon Stewart 27 Feb 2015

and I was rummaging around in the attic, and I found the original copy of the Bible... which was nice.
In reply to Ridge:

> That must date back to ...er.....the 1980s

As the Sinclair does?
OP The New NickB 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Has God got nice handwriting?
In reply to Jon Stewart:

That might be marketable
 teflonpete 04 Mar 2015

I did a job for a client the other day who has been a keen militaria collector for nearly 50 years. It did feel a bit odd installing a staircase surrounded by walls and ceilings festooned with a collection of Boer war era service revolvers, bayonets and swords.
 FactorXXX 04 Mar 2015

A Sinclair C5, the owner of the house didn't have a clue what it was and was quite surprised by my interest.

Someone I used to work with was an ex Hoover employee and was a 'test pilot' for the C5. He has got the second production model built, Clive Sinclair has got the first one.

Quite a nostalgic thread! My Grandads neighbour bought a C5 and let myself and my cousins have a go on it. We were just teenagers. It was pretty good fun, but would roll if you turned sharply at top speed (as we found out). and Sinclair, made me think of my ZX81, Spectrum and quickfire joystick. We used to go to the local Boots (who sold computers then) and type in the basic program

10 PRINT "What is your name?"
20 INPUT A$
30 PRINT " A$ is a ****** "
40 GOTO 30

or something like that and hang around and snigger when someone follwed the commands. Juvenile, but happy days

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...