UKC

Qatar world cup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Shouldn't the issue of heat and thus timing of the Qatar world cup have been addressed in their bid proposal? It's not exactly a shock that Qatar is likely to melt players during the off-season...

Or was their bid simply delivered in a large, unmarked brown envelope?
 snoop6060 28 Feb 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

Who gives a shit.
In reply to snoop6060:

Well, I'm by no means a football fan, but I don't like brown envelopes...
 The Lemming 28 Feb 2015

How about a jiffy bag?
 Purple 28 Feb 2015
In reply to snoop6060:

Not me. Thus, I'm able to enjoy watching a bunch of muppets failing to organise a p?ss up in a brewery.

A bunch of five year olds could have foreseen the problems and done better.

snoop6060 28 Feb 2015

Dont get my wrong, i like footy. I just don't give a shit about who bribed who. Every World Cup ever was probably the same. Every Olympics as well. I'll still watch it. The British press need to give this high horse nonsense a rest, there is more important things to be concerned with. Things happening in this country every day.
 Roadrunner2 28 Feb 2015

Its a good decision regardless. TBH it helps the English most because we wont have played so much football and it will be better conditions.

But yeah the bid was horrifically corrupt and FIFA's handling of the investigation was even worse. They really are a horrid organisation but for once they werent stubborn and allowed common sense to win out. These guys are so distanced from the actual physical side of the sport I doubt they gave the heat much thought..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...