UKC

Snowdonia summer conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbwhenready 02 Mar 2015
I don't do winter climbing (yet) and was thinking of going rock climbing in Snowdonia this weekend. Oggi Cam has just gone white-ish. Is this a light dusting that will probably melt? Anyone want to give a prediction for this weekend, and are there any crags more likely than others to be rock coloured?

Thanks in advance
 jezb1 02 Mar 2015
In reply to climbwhenready:

A lightish amount of snow came down yesterday. It's pretty chilly but crags in the pass are black and there's always places like Tremadog, Gogarth etc.
 CurlyStevo 02 Mar 2015

Do you want to climb or scramble?
In reply to jezb1:

Thanks Jez, there are a few climbs in the pass I'd like to do. The Met office forecast is for weather to get warmer & drier through March, and as I can make it up to Wales for one of the next 3 weekends, I'm just deciding whether to delay.

Steve, I was hoping to climb!
 ianstevens 02 Mar 2015

Very much depends on where in the pass you want to go - the nose on Dinas Mot dries pretty fast, if you want to go to Craig Ddu you may have to wait for a drought.

Personally, I always think this is the best time of year to release your inner slatehead.
 kipper12 02 Mar 2015

I dont do winter climbing either! I have only ventured onto some of the A55 sport stuff, but slate is a good option too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...