UKC

Air lift off Pen-Y-Fan - 28022015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JasonM 02 Mar 2015
Anyone have any info about the airlift off pen-y-fan on Saturday (28/2) at about 15:45?
 richprideaux 02 Mar 2015
In reply to JasonM:

Welsh Kate might do, but info possibly not public domain. Will PM her for you.
OP JasonM 02 Mar 2015
In reply to richprideaux:

The conditions going up the roman road were pretty good so I wondered if someone had tried to exit the ridge too soon and maybe took a tumble, however, the conditions above the pass were grim - the wind was pretty extreme - could've contributed.
 Welsh Kate 02 Mar 2015
In reply to JasonM:
Nothing on any of the MRT public notices about callouts over the weekend. Was it the RAF Sea King or a chopper in Coastguard colours? There was an AW139 up a few weeks ago doing some training around the central escarpment, possibly getting to know the area a bit better in preparation for the opening of the St Athan's base in the autumn.
Post edited at 13:16
OP JasonM 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Definately a Sea King. I couldn't see exactly what was going on but it didn't look like a training exercise. It flew in from the Brecon direction, over the pass below Cribin and down towards the ridge, where it homed in on one particular spot - I assumed they'd found a casualty. I could see someone on the ridge directly above the spot where the Sea King was hovering. It stayed for about 10 minutes and then took off over the ridge towards Storey Arms.
 zimpara 02 Mar 2015
In reply to JasonM:

Ambulance chasers or what.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...