UKC

ME Karakorum Pants - Sizing Question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RJP 02 Mar 2015
Good evening,

I've recently bought a pair of Mountain Equipment Karakorum Pants. What appears strange though is that I am definitely size 32-33 waist having just checked, yet their medium pants (size 32) seem quite large around the waist. Leg length is 32ish inside, and again these pants seem quite long.

Is it normal for these style trousers to be larger than what you would normally have or is this ME having a weird sizing thing going on?

Regards,
 StuDoig 03 Mar 2015
In reply to RJP:

They seem to have done something bizarre with their sizing - the old Karakorum pants in Goretex have very different fit - I replaced mine with the new model this year and it's really noticeable. I also found them hopelessly baggy round the waist, but a size down has really short / narrow legs (crap when you have normal length legs and "chunky" thighs). A shame, as ME used to be a good fit on me. the flappy waist seems perfectly designed so that all the extra material is to the rear, so I always seem to end up with a flap that water can get down through and wetting out from the arse outwards on dreich days.

Cheers,

Stuart
 baldie 03 Mar 2015
In reply to RJP:

I have sent two emails to ME asking about their sizing last week and they haven't bothered to reply.
mook456 03 Mar 2015
In reply to baldie:

Same here, I sent me an email a few weeks back and no reply. Pretty poor considering I've spend a considerable amount of cash on their products over the years.
OP RJP 05 Mar 2015
Cheers all,

I've spoken with Joe Brown and agreed for me to send them back - I've asked that they compare the Karakorum pants that I received against their others in the same size to check that there wasn't a labelling error. Otherwise I should be getting size small and I'll see how well they fit me.

Does anyone by chance have any idea how such drastic errors can make it into production though?
 Stu McInnes 05 Mar 2015
In reply to RJP:
They are generously sized. The only trousers I can find that I can get my chunky legs into without going up to a larger size which then makes the legs too long!
OP RJP 09 Mar 2015
Good afternoon,

I thought that I would now provide an update. Today I received the size small from JB. Sizing around the waist is now what I would consider correct for me, however there is insufficient material around the crotch area to allow any significant leg movement. High footings would be an impossibility for example.

I think it is safe to say that ME's sizing for these pants is way off. I will be in touch with JB tomorrow to arrange the return of this pair and an appropriate refund unfortunately.

Regards,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...