UKC

Climbing in South America

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snacks 04 Mar 2015
Off to South America in May, heading south through the continent after arriving in Colombia. Not heading out specifically for climbing but really keen to get some done, mainly looking at bouldering but up for some sport as well.
Just wondering if any of you guys on here know any info about crags, where to go, access info, topos or just general ideas about climbing in South America.
Heard about crags in Peru around the Huarez area which sound great
and Suesca in Colombia which looks good.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Nice one!
marcwhite 04 Mar 2015
In reply to ollykeeling:

los arenales just outside mendoza - use andes vertical for guided day trip if u like - very reasonable with exchange rate - ro has heaps of climbing - in the city and surrouds - loads of bouldering as well
OP snacks 04 Mar 2015
In reply to marcwhite:
Unfortunately I dont think I will be making it as far as Argentina so los arenales is off the cards sadly. what was the second place you mentioned? you said 'ro' but I didnt get where you meant, sorry if im being daft! Cheers
Post edited at 17:37
marcwhite 05 Mar 2015
In reply to ollykeeling:

rio de janeiro - u should really try and get there - lots of granite city multipitch and national park an hour or two from city - in rio city u can do multi pitch on corcovado - sugar loaf - not to be missed -

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...