UKC

Tingling Fingers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Charlie Fells 1994 04 Mar 2015
Not sure where to put this so doing it here, For the last 1/2 weeks I've had I have got a constant tingling sensation in my fingers and sounds like it's pops when I pick up something or go to a hold, worse when I've just woken up, some times get a weak hand. Just hoping it's not Carpel Tunnel? Cheers Charlie.
 flopsicle 04 Mar 2015
In reply to Charlie Fells 1994:

I had carpal tunnel. My gp said it often goes away and it pretty much has. The only time I feel it now is if I sit playing on the tablet too long.

I had tingly fingers, middle 2 on one hand.
Charlie Fells 1994 04 Mar 2015
In reply to flopsicle:

Hmm okay, it's on all fingers and it's constant
 jsmcfarland 09 Mar 2015

sounds like carpal tunnel. I used to have the tingly finger thing which was horrible, I only ever really got it or noticed it when i was settling down to sleep and it used to keep me up for hours. I think part of it was bloodflow, I bought 'accupressure rings' from ebay and used those to massage my fingers for a while before bed.

Stretching didn't help. I had tennis elbow at the same time my fingers were super numb and treating the tennis elbow with massive amounts of massage seemed to help the problems downstream. It certainly can't hurt, also limiting time spent using the computer mouse really helped. There are articles online saying to avoid too many underclings and cupping really big blobby holds.
 nclarey 09 Mar 2015

I had a similar thing a few years ago and narrowed it down to carrying around backpacks that were cutting off the circulation in my shoulders. If you do carry a backpack regularly might be worth experimenting with an alternative.
 slab_happy 09 Mar 2015

Tingling fingers certainly sounds like nerve stuff, but that could mean they're getting compressed (could be carpal tunnel, could be thoracic outlet, I think there's an elbow one too ...), or it could be peripheral neuropathy (you're not diabetic or taking a lot of B-vitamins, are you?), or a whole bunch of other things.

So, if it was me, I'd get it checked out by your GP just to find out what you're dealing with and rule out the serious nasties.

If it is carpal tunnel or thoracic outlet, they're very fixable, but the sooner you know what you're dealing with and can get on with fixing it, the better.
Charlie Fells 1994 09 Mar 2015
Thanks guys, I've booked in to see a physio who is a climber

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...