UKC

Sportiva Solutions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ralphie_coombs 05 Mar 2015
Hi.

Ive been looking at sportiva solutions but have heard you need to get them a lot smaller because of sportiva's funky sizing. I currently climb in anasazi v2 lace ups size 7. anyone know what sort of size to go for?

i know i should try them on but I've seen them on the web going cheap...

cheers

josh
 Urban5teve 05 Mar 2015
In reply to Ralphie_coombs:

I wear 8/9 in street shoes and a 7(41) in solutions
In reply to UrbanSteve:

it wasn't 'scarpa solutions' going cheap.
 sduke85 05 Mar 2015

I'm the same size as you and use a 5.5 in solutions. tight at first but once they're worn in they're perfect.
Removed User 05 Mar 2015

Go down 1.5 sizes from street shoe size, or down 2 sizes if you want them tight enough that you have to take them off every 20min or so. Down 1 size is still tight, but you can wear them for a few hours.
 TonyM 05 Mar 2015

Banana Fingers Shoeculator says a UK 6.5.

I dropped 3 full euro sizes from street shoe size for my Solutions. That's probably close to the physical volume limits of the shoe. Dropping 2.5 euro sizes would have been more comfortable and still given the shoe's intended precision
 Fraser 05 Mar 2015

I wore their Miuras in a 44 for years but am now in a 43 for my Solutions. I think the La Sportiva website has a size calculator for their various models.
 kyaizawa 06 Mar 2015

I'm a UK 5.5 (EU39) in the Anasazi V2, and an EU37 (UK4) in Solutions; could probably go smaller, but the EU37 or even EU37.5 felt about right. How much you downsize probably depends how tight you've got your V2s to begin with!!

Thanks everyone for your input.

Got a pair now and they fit rather nicely.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...