UKC

What software can I use for Timelapse?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 05 Mar 2015

Does what it says on the tin really.

I've had a little fun at work during a Training Exercise and collected thousands of JPEGS that I want to convert into small video clips. Each image was taken one second apart with an exposure of half a second.

I've had a play with Microsoft's own free Moviemaker however the smallest transition time is 0.03 seconds resulting in about 30 frames per second. I am hoping for some software that will allow 24 frames per second.

last year I had a go with Adobe's free trial of Premier Elements but never got round to actually buying the software. This is something that I now regret, because it seems like Adobe no longer sell Adobe Elements. They now offer you rent it monthly.

Post edited at 19:12
 Mr Lopez 05 Mar 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Timelapse only or you want something you can also use for general editing?

Either way, give it a go with a trial of Sony Vegas. Excellent software with seamless and simple timelapse function (you import the first jpeg and it will automatically import and arrange everything else numbered consecutively). On the downside the software needs a bit more learning, but well worth the effort
Post edited at 19:22
OP The Lemming 05 Mar 2015
In reply to Mr Lopez:

> Timelapse only or you want something you can also use for general editing?

I do have a copy of Power Director 8 for general stuff but its getting long in the tooth with conversion options and sadly isn't up to the job for 24 frames per second.

I'll give Sony Vegas a go.

Cheers
 FactorXXX 05 Mar 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

last year I had a go with Adobe's free trial of Premier Elements but never got round to actually buying the software. This is something that I now regret, because it seems like Adobe no longer sell Adobe Elements. They now offer you rent it monthly.

You can still get Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements as a standalone. It's only the full Photoshop version that is now subscription only.
 balmybaldwin 05 Mar 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Adobe premiere elements is still available, but theyve hidden it deep in their site...i bought it last month as an upgrade from an older version..

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere-elements.html

Has some very good timelapse wizards and things, but ive not used them a great deal so might not give you what you are looking for, but 25fps is standard pal i think. You may find your windows movie maker is set to output ntsc at 30 fps which might be the limiting factor... you may be able to change to pal
OP The Lemming 05 Mar 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

It breaks my heart, but I've bought something.

Downloading Mr Premier Elements as we speak.

tkchips 05 Mar 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

My solution to when the software limited the number of frames you can insert was to create a timelapse video at 24 fps and then speed it up to achieve higher total fps.
 balmybaldwin 05 Mar 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Post the finished product... I like time lapse
OP The Lemming 06 Mar 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> Post the finished product... I like time lapse

If I'm given the green light from work.
 d_b 06 Mar 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

I use ffmpeg, but it's a pretty painful way of doing it.
 yorkshireman 06 Mar 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

I use Timelapse Assembler on the Mac - simple and free.

wilkesley 06 Mar 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

ffmpeg and mplayer, both free.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...