UKC

NEWS: First 8A for Michaela Tracy: The Dark Room

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Mar 2015
Michaela Tracy climbing The Dark Room 8A, 4 kbSheffield-based GB Bouldering Team member Michaela Tracy has climbed her first 8A boulder problem at Odin Cave, near Castleton in the Peak District. The Dark Room 8A is a powerful roof problem featuring numerous undercuts and kneebars.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69559
 Wft 06 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Michaela, shape of things to come. With this and Jemma Powell's recent 8As it's great to see the standard of UK female hard bouldering going up.
 Jimbo C 06 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Cool!

There can't be too many problems like that on Peak Limestone - looks pretty unique.
In reply to Jimbo C:

I took at look at this a while back and sacked it off as it was generally minging in the cave and I could decide exactly where it started and finished. Nice to see it does actually get done now and again!
In reply to UKC News:
Good to see Michaela getting the recognition she deserves! Nice one Champ
Post edited at 18:08
In reply to UKC News:

Niiiiiice!
 robin mueller 06 Mar 2015
In reply to Somerset swede basher:
> I took at look at this a while back and sacked it off as it was generally minging in the cave and I could decide exactly where it started and finished. Nice to see it does actually get done now and again!

That's surprising, I thought the line was pretty obvious. Sitstart at the left end of the groove, finish on the jug. Yes, the rest of the cave can be a bit grotty, but this section of rock is often dry when the rest of the peak is wet. Some fantastic holds and unique climbing. Perhaps best appreciated on a rainy night, with a good lighting setup, when the place turns into an atmospheric upside down world rather than the dingy hole it seems like in daytime.
Post edited at 19:31

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...