UKC

How to Find Twll Mawr?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 08 Mar 2015
Twll Mawr

I've posted a short video on You Tube which shows the approach to Twll Mawr via the twin tunnels.

It's not a great vid but worth a look if you don't know the way...

youtube.com/watch?v=3Jv5zOVHS_8&
 MischaHY 08 Mar 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Distinctly useful! Myself and several others spent hours trying to find the way in on the day we did Desolation.
OP Sl@te Head 13 Mar 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

I've met quite a few who have wasted a few hours trying to find the entrance, some even resort to some creative abseiling having not found the bolt and thread at the top of Supermassive Black Hole!
 Rob Davies 13 Mar 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

It must help having a dog to show you the way!
 MischaHY 13 Mar 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

We were damn close to abseiling in. Just happened to have 'one more look' and stumbled upon the correct path. Good times.
 Matt250 16 Mar 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Thanks for the video. Used it to find our way in at the weekend and it made life a lot easier than it would have been. Thanks.
OP Sl@te Head 16 Mar 2015
In reply to Matt250:

Glad it was useful & hope you get back on 'The Desolation of Smaug' to finish it off...

Added this to the South Wall on Sunday

http://www.v12outdoornews.co.uk/2015/03/16/black-hole-of-calcutta-f7a-two-p...
 Jon Stewart 16 Mar 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Bloody brilliant that! God bless the internet.
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Very useful. Finally reckon I can fin my way in now: Thanks!
When the original Paul Williams Llanberis guide came out we went in to try the big VS described (Sterling Silver?) and ended up scrambling in... Not recommended (but very memorable) which pretty much sums up the route and the day.
In reply to Sl@te Head:

On a slightly unrelated topic, I just read somewhere the bridge/floating railway at the end of Snakes and Ladders has snapped? Does anyone know anything about this? Hope no one fell to their doom!
OP Sl@te Head 17 Mar 2015
In reply to The Green Giant:

It's definitely snapped, probably due to subsidence in the surrounding ground that once supported it.
 Simon Caldwell 18 Mar 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

though it didn't snap at the point people might have expected it to go.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...