UKC

What's Hodge Close like these days?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JDC 09 Mar 2015
Many, many years since I visited but used to really enjoy the place. However, understand that various rock falls have changed the place over the years? There used to be some short, fun slabby sports routes in Parrock on the left as you descended, plus all the stuff around the diving board area. Are these still secure?

Thanks
 Scott Quinn 09 Mar 2015
In reply to dashed:
Those slabby routes your talking about in Parrock have a massive crevasse behind them now, the rest of the quarry seems to be avoided & the only line in there I would consider looking at would be A Sorry Affair (E4 6a) but that's more for its history...if you do decide to climb any of the routes in Parrock sporting Barrovian ironmongery from the shipyard you should know that a lot of modern quick draws wont fit........

The diving board still has its "easy" sport routes although with the odd hanger missing, still climbable but not overly enjoyable.

Some new bolted routes have popped up close to the diving board such as Carpe Diem (7a+) Joie De Vivre (6b+)
Post edited at 09:30
 Scott Quinn 09 Mar 2015
In reply to dashed:

How Strange I wrote a lot more than that....

I wont go into as much detail this time around, I should be "working"
I was highlighting other "sport routes"

Sky (6b+) 6b+ with the odd wire
Limited Edition (E4 6a) 6c bold
Mad Alice (E3 5c) 6a/+

Some other easy sport routes around by
Mowing the Lawn (7a) which can be linked up with the nice upper slab.

Notes have been added onto the FRCCs website regarding the growth & appearance of new cracks, hopefully these prove insignificant for many moons..here's to wishful thinking!
OP JDC 09 Mar 2015

Cheers, still worth a trip then and quite fancy some of those longer retrobolted routes on the main wall
 Scott Quinn 09 Mar 2015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...