UKC

Cadair Idris safe with small kids??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Climbyclaudie 11 Mar 2015
Been asked to Cadair Idris wth friend...I have 5 and 7 yr old who are not used to mountains, just long walks, plus baby in sling. Minffordd ....Pony Path or just remain in pub at bottom please? Cheers
 Welsh Kate 11 Mar 2015
In reply to Climbyclaudie:

Minffordd in nice weather, then you can bail out at the llyn if they're not going to make it all the way. But if they're used to long walks, they could be tempted to the top with treats, games and excitement along the way.
 Darron 11 Mar 2015

That's going to be one heck of a walk with a 5 yr old. I assume you are talking about a nice warm day in summer? Even so.....? I must admit you have me worried.
 Roadrunner2 11 Mar 2015
In reply to Darron:

Plenty of 5 year olds go hiking.. a 6 year old has done the welsh 3000ers..
 PaulHarris 11 Mar 2015

I did it with my lads many years ago they were around the same ages. It was a nice sunny summers day and all was fine. As long as it's a nice day and you give yourselves plenty of time it should be fine. If the weather closes in then thats going to make life more difficult. Good luke and all the best.
 Roadrunner2 11 Mar 2015

I thought I posted..

Minfordd is much more interesting. Both about 6 miles up and down, with 2500ft ascent, slightly less for the Pony.

The Pony is the llanberis path equivalent, straight up, not particularly steep or interesting.
 earlsdonwhu 11 Mar 2015
In reply to Darron: I did Point Lenana on Mt Kenya with my 5 and 7 year old! Childline were not required!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...