UKC

Teggs Nose Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frankie boy 13 Mar 2015
Hi, Was looking on BMC RAD site and it says that for groups etc you need to book to climb there. Does that mean that individuals need to book or ring too or can we just turn up and climb there?
Cheers
Frank
 Dave Garnett 13 Mar 2015
In reply to Frankie boy:

I've never had a problem. The easy bits are pretty polished as a result of group use so the booking requirement might just be to avoid congestion. There isn't very much of it!
OP Frankie boy 13 Mar 2015
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Great thanks. We're moored near Macc at the moment so figured I should go spend some time there.
 Dave Garnett 13 Mar 2015
In reply to Frankie boy:

If you are looking for local soloing Back Forest or Bosley Cloud have a lot more to go at but are a bit further away (depending on exactly where you are moored) . Do you have a bike?
 HB1 13 Mar 2015
In reply to Frankie boy:

I'm sure you've looked out of the porthole by now, so you've seen it's sleeting here in Macc! Tegg's Q faces east, so I imagine it'll be dripping for days. like Dave G says BC or BF are better bets. Windgather looked clean earlier in the week, but won't do now. I suppose it depends on how long you're staying!
 d_b 13 Mar 2015
In reply to Frankie boy:

Last time I climbed there we were accosted by one of the rangers as we left. IIRC he just asked us to sign in next time.
OP Frankie boy 13 Mar 2015
Thanks all.
Will pop up Bosley Cloud and Back Forest at some point soon. In area for a while and have van so no probs in getting there.
Thanks
Frank

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...