UKC

Spring Friction

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MischaHY 13 Mar 2015

Having made the most of a few days of glorious spring sunshine, I've put together a small write up about it. All the climbs mentioned in the blog are linked below. Constructive criticism is appreciated, let me know what you think! Enjoy

http://atouchofgnar.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/spring-friction.html

Last Tango in Paris (E2 5b)
Science Friction (E6 6a)
Silver Lining (E5 5c)
Origin of Species (E5 6a)
Post edited at 11:23
 Alyson 13 Mar 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

Nice write up! Nothing like reading about some E6 ticking to make me want to go out and dither on a VS

2 very minor things (I offer them hesitantly as the last time someone asked for feedback on their writing they very definitely did not want any unless it was effulgent praise, and sent me a strongly worded email) you say "Incensed with my victory..." is that what you meant? Incensed means angered.

And were you literally blown off Curbar Edge? Because if so that deserves a write-up too!

Anyway, a cool write up which captures that spring climbing feeling.
 LakesWinter 13 Mar 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

I liked it, got me psyched for climbing tomorrow
 Wizzy 13 Mar 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

Great write up! Really good to hear you're pushing your grade. There's nothing better than when you climb your first route if the grade, especially in the higher e grades!!
 deacondeacon 13 Mar 2015
In reply to Alyson:

Nice write up Mischa. Makes me want to go there and try them (until I get there only to disgracefully bottle them one by one).
 ashtond6 14 Mar 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

Very interested in the origin of species comments. I went to do it recently and found it much harder and bolder that the grade suggests!

It was very dirty and I did it easy on a TR but it really felt like you could be off every move, nice one!
OP MischaHY 14 Mar 2015
In reply to ashtond6:

Yeah, it took a good brushing and a few top rope runs before I got up the psyche for the lead. There is a small.RP placement under the upper bulge that makes it pretty safe, or a zero cam out left.
OP MischaHY 14 Mar 2015
In reply to deacondeacon:

Get on it dude!
OP MischaHY 14 Mar 2015
In reply to Alyson:

Cheers, glad you enjoyed it! And don't worry, I'm looking for criticism, not praise Incensed... I would interpret this as being infused with emotion, not necessarily anger - but interesting point!

And as for being blown of Curbar... Tis a tale of true epicness
 LakesWinter 14 Mar 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

Incensed does mean angry, I am now psyched to get on Origin, might abseil inspect the gear then do it
 Fiend 14 Mar 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

Try onsighting more stuff next time - you'll get the full challenge and experience of the route, and you'll get to do it at the grade it's given. If you don't feel ready to do that yet, leave it for a while, and it will give you something to focus on improving for.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...