UKC

Any advice on Mountaineering/Trekking boots for Western Norway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Corvus 14 Mar 2015
Me and my brother are going trekking and mountaineering in the Vestlandet region, including Trolltunga, Pulpit Rock, Jostedalsbreen National Park and Galdhøpiggen. I know this type of topic has been posted thousands of times but I can't find much on the boots that I'm interested in, the La Sportiva Trango Alp Evo GTX. I'm ideally looking for something that won't be to uncomfortable using on the trails and will be able to handle most peaks below the 4,000m mark. Looking at possibly getting Nepal Evo's for Mont Blanc (another question, what is the harshest conditions that you have used these in?).

If anyone has any experience with both the Trango Alp GTX and Trango Alp Evo GTX, could you describe the differences and experience that you have with the Evo's so far.

The budget I have for the boots is about £220, brand preference is La Sportiva and I'm a size 12 so looking for 13's.

Thanks for any replies and sorry again for posting a commonly asked question.
 Billhook 14 Mar 2015
In reply to Dan Webber:

Summer or winter?

In Summer:-

I've used ordinary boots I use in summer although they are leather, reasonably flexible with reasonable stiffness too. No idea of make off hand.
 d_b 16 Mar 2015
In reply to Dan Webber:
For summer take whatever you would use for mountaineering or trekking in Scotland. It's mostly very similar terrain except for the odd glacier.

I generally wear a pair of asolo peak GVs for summer, and the ever dependable sportiva nepal extremes for winter.

And don't forget the gaiters!
Post edited at 10:40

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...