UKC

Underbed storage solutions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 17 Mar 2015
I'm looking for under bed storage ideas.

I'm moving into a small room that has about 2 foot of space under a double bed. I'm thinking something like a chest of drawers on wheels would be ideal. Maybe with lifting doors rather than a pull out style.

Does anyone know if this is a thing? Or any other clothes storage ideas are welcome!

Thanks.
Ferret 17 Mar 2015
In reply to James Malloch:

2 foot of space sounds like a very high bed?

Much though I hate suggesting it.. IKEA may be your friend here. Some of the bits of modular living room or bedroom furniture might be the right sort of size. Have a look at 'STUVA' - the childrens bedroom range. Theres what they call a 'storage bench' that's effectively a box with a single big pull out drawer. That's 50cm high. Some of those might work.... you could possibly even use the carcass and fit a nicer wooden front to it if you wanted to hide it/make it blend in better. The drawer unit from same range is 64cm high ... and comes in either 2, 3 or 4 drawer format. If too high, again you might be able to butcher it down to a useful height perhaps as all you will actually see from outside is the drawer fronts?
 ByEek 17 Mar 2015
In reply to Ferret:

> Much though I hate suggesting it.. IKEA may be your friend here.

Don't hate suggesting Ikea. They are superb at storage solutions. Their stuff is pretty good quality given how cheap it is and you can buy a lunch for the family including unlimited drinks for less than £20! What is not to like?
 jkarran 17 Mar 2015
In reply to James Malloch:

Sounds like a job for plastic boxes on wheels. Ikea do some IIRC and do a lovely slow cooked lamb shank for about £3

jk
 joan cooper 17 Mar 2015
In reply to James Malloch: Then pack all soft gear, linen , towels etc in those " plastic suck out the air" bags to save room in the drawers.

In reply to Ferret:

sleep under the bed and put a wardrobe and drawers on it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...