UKC

photos of An Teallach traverse and some brave skiers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MrRiley 17 Mar 2015
a stunning day on saturday on the An Teallach traverse:

http://www.mistymountainhop.net/2015/03/alpine-on-an-teallach/

if you are the skiers in the photos PM me if you would like copies, I have some others too
 Toerag 17 Mar 2015
In reply to MrRiley:

The photos take forever to load up on your site.
 coolhand 17 Mar 2015
Are you hosting your site at home over a 56k modem?

In reply to coolhand:

From the link - "A WordPress site hosted on a Raspberry Pi powered webserver".
 Scomuir 17 Mar 2015
In reply to MrRiley:

Hi,

I was one of the skiers. We weren't that brave, as this was the only thing soft enough to ski (and live). We'd optimistically hoped the gullies might have accumulated some fresh soft snow, but only found iron hard neve on our ascent of Hayfork Gully. However, skiing off the top of a pointy hill is always good, and the descent from the col was steeper than we had expected (steeper than Hayfork). It was good, so we did it twice. Wouldn't mind seeing any other pictures you have.

Agree with the other comments - your site takes a long time to load!

cheers,

Scott
 Michael Gordon 17 Mar 2015
In reply to MrRiley:

Looks like an amazing day for it - no wonder, it was everywhere else too! Surprised just how little snow there is there.

Photos didn't seem to take long to load.
OP MrRiley 17 Mar 2015
In reply to Scomuir:

Hi Scott,

Brave or not it looked great from where we were! I'll send you the original pictures.

Thanks All for the comments on site loading speed - i've just rebooted and it seems to have sped things up a bit. It's probably more limited by my home broadband upload speed rather than the capabilities of the Raspberry Pi webserver itself.

Cheers,
Dave
 tom.fox 18 Mar 2015
In reply to MrRiley:

great photos thanks for putting them up.on of those days that live on in the memory....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...