UKC

COMPETITION: Win 1 of 2 sets of Wild Country Clothing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 18 Mar 2015
Tanya and Emma show off their skills and the new training gear, 5 kbWild Country has expanded their successful clothing collection to include a sharp new suite of dedicated training gear.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=7202
 The Pylon King 18 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

Are the clothes anti-gravity or something?
 3leggeddog 18 Mar 2015
In reply to Pylon King Against Capit@lism:

Lets hope so, £200 doesn't buy you much does it?
 The Pylon King 18 Mar 2015
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Must be an early april fools.
 aln 19 Mar 2015

Sponsees?
 zimpara 19 Mar 2015

Men's and women's...
Which illiterate chap scribbled this?
 Michael Gordon 19 Mar 2015
In reply to zimpara:

Illiterate is putting it a bit strongly! Not sure most people would have got that right.
 zimpara 19 Mar 2015
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Found out who wrote it guy's. Get the pitch fork's
 jon 19 Mar 2015

All is clear now. No wonder I'm not getting any stronger. I'm wearing the wrong stuff. Bugger, should have known.
 Robert Durran 19 Mar 2015
Now I know where I've been going wrong - I've been training in the same £2 Tesco's T-shirts that I actually climb in.

And I love the way they say "worth £192" when what they mean is "costs £192". Anyway, for that amount you could just about buy a belay jacket that would ward off hypothermia at Ratho in winter.
Post edited at 12:08
 Wild Country 21 Mar 2015
In reply to zimpara:
I wrote it and according to all sources I can find I am correct so I am not sure why you are so concerned about my literacy. Obviously I stand to be corrected but I would genuinely like know what you think is wrong?
 TobyA 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Richie Patterson, Wild Country:

I'm not sure if you do stand to be corrected at all. Surely the plural possessive form of "man" is "men's"? Same for women. The only difference would have been if you had used the plural possessive of "lady" which is "ladies'", but you didn't. Mr Zimpara then puts two greengrocer's apostrophes into his next post, but I guess that was deliberate to make a point. I just don't think he has a point.

Some English teacher will have to explain slowly why I'm wrong on this, because I can't work I out. I'm gonna enter the comp now after writing all that on my phone!
 Wsdconst 21 Mar 2015

This is ukc no matter how correct you are you can always be correcter
 Windy 21 Mar 2015
In reply to zimpara:

Men's is correct - see Men's Health Magazine, the result for any google search for "mens" or just a dictionary.
 Simon Caldwell 21 Mar 2015

"Womens Training Gear" should be "Women's Training Gear"
 Wild Country 24 Mar 2015
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

You're right about that one...!
 alasdair19 24 Mar 2015

didn't notice any grammar issues but was amused after opening the brand book link to be shown an advert for singing rock climbing harnesses.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...