UKC

Lump on finger tendon..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jezb1 18 Mar 2015
So after getting a finger injury a few months ago I've been taping my finger religiously and scaled back the climbing a bit.

This month I've been climbing a lot for work and getting back into the wall. My finger has felt good, but this morning a noticed my tendon is lumpy!

What do you reckon? Scar tissue? Doesn't hurt.
Removed User 18 Mar 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Could be the start of Dupuytren's Contracture.

'...noticed my tendon is lumpy!' That's how I "noticed" I had it.
 ericinbristol 18 Mar 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Could be a ganglion (Google it). I had one recently. They often go away of their own accord (mine did)
 alan moore 18 Mar 2015
In reply to ericinbristol:

Same.
 The Potato 18 Mar 2015
In reply to jezb1:

ive got two on the same tendon, one is probably an enlarged annular ligament and the other is a thickened tendon due to injury.
 Zombieclimber 18 Mar 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Scar tissue- just massage it and break the tissue down with the masssging so it doesn't cause future problems...
 Bobling 18 Mar 2015
In reply to jezb1:

I had something that sounds similar where my right index finger joins my palm, it went away of its own accord. I think it may have been caused by wearing a laptimer on that finger whilst swimming, and the laptimer was cinched too tight so perhaps a result of too tight taping?

Mine went away about a week before my hospital appointment to prod it - so that's a sure fire way to get rid of it I reckon, get an appointment booked!
 zebidee 19 Mar 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Sounds like a ganglion ... They usually occur at joints - I've had one on each wrist over the years.

Although there is a rule that if you google your symptoms the likely diagnosis is usually ass cancer.
OP jezb1 21 Mar 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Thanks for the replies, mentioned it to a doctor and they had a quick look, thinks it's nothing serious and probably to do with the previous injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...