UKC

Sandstone usable tomorrow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Puppythedog 20 Mar 2015
Hi all, not climbed on sandstone before and thinking of taking my wife and baby tomorrow.

Will it be climable? I don't know what the weather has been like and don't want to harm it. Also any advice on where to go would be appreciated, I will primarily want to Boulder or maybe easy solos.

Thanks in advance
 Bouldering Ben 20 Mar 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

Bowles Rocks should be dry, is a 2 min walk from the parking and has toilet facilities.
 Trangia 20 Mar 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

Plus 1 for Bowles. I'm not certain what the situation is at Harrisons right now regarding the access road/car park repairs, and in any event it's a bit of a walk in with a little one. High Rocks is expensive and probably not the best first time venue. Eridge is free but again not an ideal first time venue. Stone Farm should be OK.

There isn't much easy soloing, and if you haven't climbed on sandstone before you may find most soloing a bit intimidating. Some good bouldering though.

I don't think it's going to rain tonight, so it should be fairly dry.

Enjoy
OP Puppythedog 20 Mar 2015
In reply to puppythedog:
Thank you both
 Mark Collins 23 Mar 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

Mental, we were 20 miles from Bowles on Saturday visiting my brother. Congratulations on becoming a dad.
OP Puppythedog 24 Mar 2015
In reply to Mark Collins:

Thanks Mark. Next time you're this way gibe me a shout. We didn't make it to the rock but I at least know where to go now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...