UKC

Six Nations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gribble 21 Mar 2015
Tense moments. It should be a good day, but where do the bets lie? Wales will cane Italy, but by enough points? Parisse will be sorely missed. Ireland should win, but Scotland REALLY don't want the wooden spoon. Maybe they'll stop Ireland getting the points? France are due a good turnout, and England are proving to be slow on firing up.

I'm hoping it will be a good day! All I have to do is convince my lovely 7 year old that watching what will hopefully be an epic rugby day is a good way to spend seven hours of her life. Either way, we're climbing on Sunday.
 Kimono 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

I have the added stress of living abroad and having to watch it on iplayer after the event.
This means trying to avoid nobs transmitting the results through FB and the like....always tricky
 veteye 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Kimono:

Well you can always forget FB for a few days(if not forever,but I know that being abroad it is how you keep abreast of things).
 Mark Bannan 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:
Much as I would like Ireland or Wales to win the title, I think England are going to do it. Agreed that Wales will crush Italy (I think Wales have played the best rugby this year), but I fear that England will beat France easily and thus not be threatened seriously at any point today. I'm not sure Ireland will win in Murrayfield - since the retirement of the great O'Driscoll/D'Arcy centre partnership, they have greatly lacked creativity behind the scrum. I was screaming at the telly when Ireland wasted a 2 man overlap out right in a vain attempt to use the forwards in 23rd phase possession (in Cardiff)!
Post edited at 08:28
In reply to gribble:

Wales will beat Italy, but won't quite get over the line in terms of points difference.

So Ireland will be able to play their own game and will give England a decent points target to chase.

Which means that England will go into Stifle Mode and grind out a tense and largely unwatchable display to hold a narrow lead against France, which will be reversed right at the death by a single flash of Gallic brilliance.

Final table:

Ireland
Wales
England (just, on points difference)
France
Italy
Scotland

Scotland have been the disappointment this year, not simply because of the wooden spoon, but because of the real sense of resurgence in the Scottish camp this season. The squad can - and hopefully will - move on from this.
 Horse 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Mark Bannan:

> (I think Wales have played the best rugby this year),

Really? I find their current approach to the game remarkably dull.

Wales might not have it all their own way in Rome and need a massive score to have a chance of winning the gong, hopefully that won't happen.

The game in Edinburgh looks a closer call, Scotland to win the prize and collect another spoon. Ireland to get enough points to make England sweat.

The prize should be England's for the taking were it not French visiting. England won't go into "stifle mode" because a) they don't have one and b) that would be rather playing into the hands of a massive French pack. Name of the game is keep it moving, this might backfire. The feckless bartenders from over the channel turn up with nothing to lose, get an early score, give it the Gallic shrug and then run riot as England cough up lots of turnovers.
Kipper 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

> ... The feckless bartenders from over the channel turn up with nothing to lose, get an early score, give it the Gallic shrug and then run riot as England cough up lots of turnovers.

That's the scenario my 4/1 is hoping for

Horse 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Kipper:

Those look like reasonably attractive odds.
 Cerris90 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Kimono:
www.мур2р.eu

Could use this then you wouldn't need to worry about that. I used to use it when I was based in Germany.
 Cerris90 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Kimono:

Apologies apparently it won't let me put a link in. But if you go on Google an put in myp2p . Eu or pe you will get free links to the rugby normally streams really well.
 ericinbristol 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

Among the contenders, to their credit England have scored 11 tries, compared to 5 for Wales and 4 for Ireland.
Kipper 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

> Those look like reasonably attractive odds.

Not bad - you can get France at 250/1 to win the whole thing!
Clauso 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Kipper:

England by +3 billion.
Gone for good 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

England will beat the French by 20 points and send them home crying into their camembert baguette sandwiches.
Ireland will beat the Scott by 10 points and send them home crying into their haggis suppers.
Wales will beat the Italians by 30 points but the Italians won't care because yet again they beat Scotland and so avoid the wooden spoon.
England to win the 6 nations!
 Oceanrower 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Gone for good:

And, to think back, the only reason we let Italy join the 5 Nations was so that Scotland wouldn't come last every year.

Ironic, isn't it.
 Kimono 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Cerris90:

> Apologies apparently it won't let me put a link in. But if you go on Google an put in myp2p . Eu or pe you will get free links to the rugby normally streams really well.

Ok, thanks for that....i'll give it a go. Im also a few hours behind and have to work this morning but should be able to just make the first match.

Can i be positive here and say that:

England are gonna storm it!!
 Mark Bannan 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

> Really? I find their current approach to the game remarkably dull.

Afraid we will have to agree to differ here. So who do you think has played the best rugby? (i.e. most exciting)
 Mark Bannan 21 Mar 2015
In reply to ericinbristol:

> Among the contenders, to their credit England have scored 11 tries,

most of those were against Italy at home.
In reply to Mark Bannan:

Actually England have been the most exciting.
Most tries scored
Most clean breaks
Most exciting players Joseph for one, Ford another Jack Nowell another.
All the teams have played Italy yet failed to gub them.
 Yanis Nayu 21 Mar 2015

From the little I've seen, there's been a bit of excitement when Vunipola gets the ball and bursts through the line (I don't know which one; I had to look his name up and just found out that there's 2 of them).
 Horse 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Billy usually although if Mako gets a head of steam up for a trundle he can be good value.

I think in fairness Joseph and Nowell get the blood racing a bit as can Brown if he keeps his boots on.
 Horse 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Mark Bannan:

> (i.e. most exciting)

An interesting qualification of "best rugby". I'll give you the Ireland game, that was exciting due to a good defensive display but that is hardly the "best rugby". The France game had little to get the pulse above resting. Against Scotland it was the locals who generated the drama. Any excitement against England was created by the visitors, once the nonsense of pre-match charade was over (and backfired). So even by the dubious criteria of "exciting" they haven't played the "best rugby".

The two sides that have tried to play rugby this year are England and Scotland admittedly with mixed outcomes for both.

Mark Bannan 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

Sorry I meant to say that "best" meant "exciting" in my own opinion. I now realise it's dubious, as everyone will have their own opinion of exciting. I even think being at different locations in the ground affects it during live matches (different views and also atmosphere).

I do agree that England were superb against Wales (effective and entertaining), but I was impressed by Wales against Ireland and Scotland. Being Irish and part Scottish, I was pig-sick at the end of each game - especially as I was at Murrayfield. Hogg's try was one of the best I have ever seen live, but I was extremely frustrated about Scotland's inability to build on it. Wales did show great opportunism to take their chances well. Perhaps being there could have coloured my judgement a bit?

M
OP gribble 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

Well well. Great showing from Italy, Wales need to dial in for the second half. Shame about Halfpenny though.
 Horse 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

Italy are playing very well, completely different to last week. Hope they can keep it up for another 40 minutes and keep making a game of it.
In reply to Horse:

Wales making a flying start to the second half.
It will be difficult for England and Ireland now.
 coinneach 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

Don't know what the Italian coaches gave to the players at half time.

Tranquillisers?
 Welsh Kate 21 Mar 2015

This is one heck of a purple patch for Wales!
Moley 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Welsh Kate:

This will do nicely, keep going boys.
Moley 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Welsh Kate:

And another from Warburton, flipping heck, brilliant.
 Welsh Kate 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Moley:

Wow.
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Italy have the last..ahem..laugh. Can England beat the French by 16 points and can Scotland avoid the wooden spoon by beating the Irish.Its going to be an exciting couple of hours.
 Horse 21 Mar 2015

A more pertinent question is that can Ireland stick 20 odd points on the Scots.
 FactorXXX 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Wanderer100 & Horse:

Can England beat the French by 16 points
A more pertinent question is that can Ireland stick 20 odd points on the Scots.

Sincerely hope not!
(Kimono, don't read this thread whatever you do...).
In reply to Horse:

They are off to a good start.

I think Ireland will shave it, still. England won't be able to go back to attrition as a game plan - and that will suit the French well.

That last Italian try will make all the difference, but what an afternoon of rugby......
In reply to Martin not maisie:

Scotland are in danger of being embarrassed.
OP gribble 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

This is turning out to be an epic afternoon of rugby! Ireland currently looking favourite.
Moley 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Come on Scotland (and France). I don't even like the French and Scots!
 Horse 21 Mar 2015

What attritional game plan?
In reply to Horse:

> What attritional game plan?

The breaking down of each aspect of the game into individual assessments of superiority or inferiority. England tend to attempt to stifle those aspects of the game which they identify as being to their opponent's advantage. The game plan, clearly, is to then excel at the aspects which they feel they can dominate, but they spend so much time and effort on negative, suppressive play that they don't have the freedom to do much else. It's been holding them back for the last decade.

The French are mercurial, which is a generous euphemism for catastrophe-susceptible, but whatever their current problems, they're hardwired towards beautiful handling and flowing rugby in the long term. England are a massive talent hamstrung by an actuary' s approach to risk - and won't progress on a world stage until they can effect a seismic shift.

I reckon.
 Dave the Rave 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Moley:
Come on Ireland!
 Horse 21 Mar 2015

Have you been watching recently and perhaps caught sight of the likes of Ford, Joseph, Nowell etc?
In reply to Horse:

Total capitulation by Italy and Scotland.
Let's hope France oblige accordingly.
 Horse 21 Mar 2015

I have a nasty feeling those feckless bartenders are going to buck the trend.
In reply to Horse:

> Have you been watching recently and perhaps caught sight of the likes of Ford, Joseph, Nowell etc?

No, no, I agree entirely: look at these players and how good they are. Hence the comment about the massive talent hampered by risk averse coaching. These players will always be selected, because of what they're doing week in, week out - and more to the point, what they're *allowed* to do domestically - but they're not being helped to replicate it at international level.

Mind you, the fact that we're having this conversation right now shows that a fairly unentertaining match is currently deciding the six nations.
In reply to Horse:
I think he was referring to the old stuff it up the jumper at the back of the maul that Dean Richards used to excel at. Fortunately England play a much more expansive game now days and look to bring the backs into the game much more often. Having said that I enjoy watching a good battle of attrition up front and Dean and his mates excelled at the close up physical contest.
Post edited at 16:01
 Horse 21 Mar 2015

What the current coaching team is doing is encouraging a varied game plan and to play what is in front of them. It is starting to pay off.

Ireland were always favourites for this one, nothing has changed.
In reply to Horse:

What a beaut of a near-try from Hogg there. Typical curse of the pundit - labelling it a dull game produced some excellent play and a nervy edge to the run-in for Ireland.

> What the current coaching team is doing is encouraging a varied game plan and to play what is in front of them. It is starting to pay off.

Then I think we differ only in opinion of the current coaching set-up: my assessment is new boss, same as the old boss.

But moving on, it was always going to come down to England-France. I'm off to the pub, to utilise my free pass.
OP gribble 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

I have used up my permitted time for watching live rugby, so I'm recording the last match to watch after the midget has gone to bed. I'll sign off now so as not to have the slightest chance of knowing any scores! Hope it's a good match....
Moley 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Dave the Rave:

Bollox, they did it.
Better them than England, come on France.
 Kimono 21 Mar 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Can England beat the French by 16 points

> A more pertinent question is that can Ireland stick 20 odd points on the Scots.

> Sincerely hope not!

> (Kimono, don't read this thread whatever you do...).

Don't worry, i avoided it like the plague until i caught up

Now we need a big effort from England....would be one of the most exciting finales to the 6 Nations ever if we can pull it off
 FactorXXX 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

Game on!!!
 Horse 21 Mar 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

The whole day has been nuts. Hopefully there is more to come in the second half. Terrific advert for the game.
In reply to Moley:

> Bollox, they did it.

> Better them than England, come on France.

I bet your little welsh sphincters are tight

Cm on England. At least France haven't capitulated like the sorry jocks.
 Yanis Nayu 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

What a superb game; great sporting spectacle. I need to eat my words from last week.
 Horse 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Stunningly good day. Just shows what these sides can do when the decide to play. Brilliant stuff.
In reply to Horse:

It was brilliant. Rugby won the final weekend of this year's six nations. Well done to Ireland Wales England France and Italy. Scotland need to review the their rugby structure because 2 pro 12 teams clearly do not produce enough international players.
 Chris Harris 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

They've just presented the trophy. How did they know what venue it should be at?

Horse 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Chris Harris:

They have a trophy (at Twickenham today) and a replica which was at Murrayfield.
 FactorXXX 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

Ten points between first and third. Any of those teams could have won the championship with a bit of luck one way or the other, which perhaps is an indicator of how close they are.
Superb day of Rugby, would be great if the World Cup games are similar!!
 Yanis Nayu 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

Was it the imperative of needing to win by a margin that dictated the style of play and increased the excitement?
 andy 21 Mar 2015
In reply to FactorXXX: shows how important Hogg's non-try and the Italians' late score were.

Kipper 21 Mar 2015

> Scotland are in danger of being embarrassed.

And they were. I can't quite believe how shit they were (are).

Removed User 21 Mar 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

What an incredible game that was. I was almost willing England on to get that final 7 points at the end, they'd have deserved it, and I'm a France supporting Jock. There was a bit of French flair, but a lot of erreurs as well. Still, the northern hemisphere should take some serious clout to the world cup.
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Was it the imperative of needing to win by a margin that dictated the style of play and increased the excitement?

Yeah. Apart from Wales winning to up the anti, it was indeed very predictable.
The welsh were very excited , but Ireland were always going to get those points and a win. And, England were always going to beat the French but deservedly failed due to their arrogance of having the proper trophy in London. Glad they lost. But at least they beat the welsh!
Well done Ireland
 Horse 21 Mar 2015

Where the trophy goes is nothing to do with the England team, or indeed the RFU. It is decided by the 6N organising committee.

Typical sour grapes from north of the border.
In reply to Horse:

> Where the trophy goes is nothing to do with the England team, or indeed the RFU. It is decided by the 6N organising committee.

Is it on Air Flingus to Dublin?
 Horse 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

It is knockout style rugby so the team has to go for it. In fairness that England performance has been coming for a while, it should have happened last week but didn't which set today up nicely. Credit to France also, they have taken so much flak this year and with nothing to play for it would have been easy for them to fold and just let England rack up the points. They made it a contest and the day was better for that. Well done Ireland and particularly Paul O'Connell there is no more deserving player in rugby and he comes across as a top drawer bloke.
 FactorXXX 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Was it the imperative of needing to win by a margin that dictated the style of play and increased the excitement?

Yes and it also shows that playing positive attacking rugby can have huge dividends and today certainly showed that there seems to be a definite divide between the top and bottom three.
Up to now, with the possible exception of England, teams have based their games on not conceding tries which you perhaps quite rightly said was boring.
Maybe (fingers crossed), Wales and Ireland will start playing in a similar fashion in the future, but somehow I doubt it...
 Horse 21 Mar 2015

Do keep up, there is a replica which went to Murrayfield and was presented to the Irish team in front of a huge crowd of supporters who had stayed to watch the England game on the big screen. None of them seemed bothered another one had been at Twickenham.

In reply to Horse:

> Do keep up, there is a replica which went to Murrayfield and was presented to the Irish team in front of a huge crowd of supporters who had stayed to watch the England game on the big screen. None of them seemed bothered another one had been at Twickenham.

I know this. But it seemed daft that Ireland had the easier game, and were more likely to win the tournament, so the real trophy should have been at Murrayfield?
Also. Why didn't all the games kick off at the same time? It seems unfair on Wales ( despite their gamesmanship with the roof and keeping teams in the tunnel) that Iteland and England knew what they had to beat?
 Postmanpat 21 Mar 2015

>And, England were always going to beat the French but deservedly failed due to their arrogance of having the proper trophy in London. Glad they lost. But at least they beat the welsh!

>
Are you suggesting that the Enlgish decided where the proper trophy should be? Why do you think that?

Do you not think the pre games points totals might have played a factor?

Horse 21 Mar 2015

If you know it why make silly cheap jibes about England when it is nothing to do with them.

Ask the 6N Organising Committee on the first point or read there explanation earlier this week. On the second ask them and the TV companies who dictate terms. I don't recall much of a fuss last year when the same advantage was with Ireland.
In reply to Postmanpat:

> >And, England were always going to beat the French but deservedly failed due to their arrogance of having the proper trophy in London. Glad they lost. But at least they beat the welsh!

> Are you suggesting that the Enlgish decided where the proper trophy should be? Why do you think that?

> Do you not think the pre games points totals might have played a factor?

Ireland had the easier game and were favourites to win the tournament before today's games?
 Dr.S at work 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

But thats because Ireland are not arrogant, and England are.
apparently.
In reply to Horse:
It's only a game
 Mark Bannan 21 Mar 2015

> Ireland had the easier game and were favourites to win the tournament before today's games?

I am so delighted my native country won, but I really thought they would fall short. Victory even sweeter than last year! My nerves are in bits, though (although not as bad as the Cardiff Grand Slam decider match in 2009 - that was truly agonising!).
 teflonpete 21 Mar 2015

I'll let you in to a little secret, there are about 4 FA cups as well, a mate of mine is a silversmith who's done at least 2 replicas for the FA.
Clauso 21 Mar 2015
In reply to Mark Bannan:

So near, but so far... What a championship!

Many congratulations to Ireland. And especially to yerman O'Connell. Suspect that may be his bow. Colossus.
In reply to Mark Bannan:
Have a good night bud! Thank your team for not letting the Welsh win it
In reply to teflonpete:

> I'll let you in to a little secret, there are about 4 FA cups as well, a mate of mine is a silversmith who's done at least 2 replicas for the FA.

Cool. Thanks for that. It will keep my dog Pickles guessing.
In reply to Postmanpat:
Just think.
If that England player hadn't done a soccer tackle and got sin binned, then perhaps france wouldn't have got that try, and England would have won the tournament?
 Postmanpat 21 Mar 2015

> Just think.

> If that England player hadn't done a soccer tackle and got sin binned, then perhaps france wouldn't have got that try, and England would have won the tournament?

Quite possible. Just think, the Six Nations committee decides where the trophy sits and explained why.

Just had a brilliant afternoon in a pub full of Irish, Welsh and Enlgish fans. Shame you came on here to spoil it.
In reply to Postmanpat:

> Quite possible. Just think, the Six Nations committee decides where the trophy sits and explained why.

> Just had a brilliant afternoon in a pub full of Irish, Welsh and Enlgish fans. Shame you came on here to spoil it.

I'm glad you had a good day
OP gribble 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

Just seen the recorded England - France match. Superb! What an amazing final day! OK, I wanted England to win, but I are most happy with the day. Great score lines throughout, reflecting creative play. Roll on the world cup! And now to read the thread that I departed some hours ago....
 MonkeyPuzzle 21 Mar 2015
In reply to gribble:

One of the most exciting second halfs of rugby I've seen. The roar in the pub for the last drive at the French try line was deafening.

Overall I'm not sure any one team did enough to say it was theirs by right, but that made it all the more exciting. I hope the world cup is half as good.
 Sir Chasm 21 Mar 2015

Its only sensible to have more than one six nations cup, you can't pick them up just anywhere, not like wooden spoons.
Moley 21 Mar 2015

Although the wrong team won (national bias) that was the best days 6N rugby I have ever watched. 3 teams in with a chance and all going for the win, great entertainment and credit to them all for trying.

FactorXXX 22 Mar 2015
In reply to Moley:

Although the wrong team won (national bias) that was the best days 6N rugby I have ever watched. 3 teams in with a chance and all going for the win, great entertainment and credit to them all for trying.

Apart from the team thing, I can't see anyone disagreeing with you.
Perhaps the most entertaining days of Rugby ever?
 peppermill 22 Mar 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Perhaps the most entertaining days of Rugby ever?

In recent years maybe. The past few tournaments have just seemed like two brick wall defences smashing against each other with not much happening. More of yesterday please!
 Shani 22 Mar 2015
65m years ago a lesser impact wiped out the dinosaurs:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S3QDOWk1qIo&feature=youtu.be
 peppermill 22 Mar 2015
In reply to Shani:

This kind of thing must be the worst part of playing fly half. I bet there's not enough brufen gel or deep heat in London that can make that better this morning.
 arch 22 Mar 2015
In reply to peppermill:

> This kind of thing must be the worst part of playing fly half.

I'd imagine getting your shorts dirty would be far worse....................

Kipper 22 Mar 2015
In reply to arch:

> I'd imagine getting your shorts dirty would be far worse....................

Spoilt hairstyle.
 Shani 23 Mar 2015
In reply to peppermill:
> (In reply to Shani)
>
> This kind of thing must be the worst part of playing fly half. I bet there's not enough brufen gel or deep heat in London that can make that better this morning.

I can't help think that after this tackle, Adryan was in more pain than Plisson ever was:

youtube.com/watch?v=4kPFGjXv8KU&
 Horse 23 Mar 2015
In reply to peppermill:

> I bet there's not enough brufen gel or deep heat in London that can make that better this morning.

He was probably ok yesterday and today, still numb. The pain will kick in sometime around Tuesday lunchtime.
 Shani 23 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

Congratulations on your joint 2nd place Horse. And of course, congratulations to Mike Turner on first place!

The Fantasy 6 Nations game can be found here;
http://espnscrum.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx
The league is;
UKC Fatasy 6 Nations
League PIN: 82658

Horse 23 Mar 2015
In reply to Shani:

You can tell I'm English, keep finishing as runner up.
 Shani 23 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

What makes you English is the valiant WAY you came second!

Roll on the RWC.
 Mike Lates 23 Mar 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Up to now, with the possible exception of England, teams have based their games on not conceding tries which you perhaps quite rightly said was boring.

> Maybe (fingers crossed), Wales and Ireland will start playing in a similar fashion in the future, but somehow I doubt it.

Oh the irony! "Boring boring England" has been the theme of the past 40+years
 BnB 23 Mar 2015
In reply to Mike Lates:

What a marvellous afternoon's rugby, eh Mike? I went from thinking Wales had nailed it, to being certain Ireland had, to actually believing England might do it. But an inexperienced England lacked composure and didn't so much stamp their authority on the game in the manner of Ireland (even in defeat against Wales) as try to run away with it against the most dangerous counter-attack in the NH. Ireland worthy winners (just) of the best tournament this century with a rousing cheer for the other teams. Mind you, I think Hogg knew what he was doing when he bodged that grounding

The ball will be stuffed up an English prop's jumper for the first game of the World Cup I can tell you. Who's going to emerge from the group of death?
 Shani 23 Mar 2015
In reply to BnB:

> The ball will be stuffed up an English prop's jumper for the first game of the World Cup I can tell you. Who's going to emerge from the group of death?

England and 'heart says Wales, head says Australia'.
 Horse 23 Mar 2015
In reply to BnB:

That is a bit harsh on England. They have been moving towards a more expansive game for some time and it is now coming to fruition, it will continue so long as George Ford wears 10. The props now run with the ball and do clever things with it, like retain possession and pass. Which reminds me of one of the funnier moments from Saturday, Dan Cole running half the length of the field in a futile attempt to catch a French winger.

England didn't really lose it on Saturday they should already have racked up sufficient points difference for it not to matter. They didn't wake up for 15 minutes against Wales and Italy and shipped silly points, failed to convert a hat full of chances against Scotland and against Ireland blundered badly. That is why Ireland deserved it, they were the more consistent side over the championship. The Irish also showed they can vary the game, they look in good shape to go a long, long way in RWC.

As to the group of death, home advantage should see England escape. As to the other two the only disappointment is that they both can't get dumped out at the first hurdle unless Fiji do something remarkable. The draw may favour England if it comes to points difference as they play last (after Aus v Wales the same day) so will know how many points they would have to rack up against Uruguay to qualify/finish top. The draw might also favour Wales they will have had a few games to get going before meeting their nemisis.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...