UKC

injury prevention and general health

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stuartpicken 21 Mar 2015
hey!
So it's starting to feel a little like spring has sprung, and the rock shoes are beginning to get their usual use and abuse. And so is my body.
what would you say are any vital body-maintenance exercises/stretches/treatments/whatever that you folks swear by for both injury prevention, and for maintaining general physical health?
context: running a lot, no objectives just like racking up the miles. And cragging a lot. my objectives here are all bigger mountain routes and winter, but for now i'm just focusing on my technical ability. When i can i'll be getting after the scottish mountain routes in again.
so what do people think is important? Flexibility? core strength? stabilizing muscles?
Gimme the fool proof recipe for never being injured again, and remaining fit, strong and active for the duration of my days. Please and thank you.

JayPee630 22 Mar 2015
In reply to stuartpicken:

Mobility and stability work from Eric Cressey and/or Kelly Starrett.

Eat well, sleep well, take plenty of rest, especially when injured (or feeling an injury developing), do a variety of exercise types, and have a week off every couple of months, and a month or so off every year where you just take it easy.
 kenr 22 Mar 2015
In reply to stuartpicken:
> Gimme the ... recipe for never being injured again

Buy Dave MacLeod's new book, "Make or Break".
Read it very carefully.
Do what it says.

Ken

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...