UKC

Migrating from Lightroom to Capture One?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 25 Mar 2015
Has anyone ever 'migrated' from Lightroom to Capture One? I'm starting to prefer the latter for its rendition of Fuji RAW files but my entire catalogue and obviously all associated adjustments lie in LR4.

Any advice?

Ta,

Si
 hamsforlegs 25 Mar 2015
In reply to Si Withington:

Does Capture One read the metadata added by Lightroom?

If so you could create tags (hierarchical ideally) to reflect your cataloguing and use this to recreate a structure in Capture One.

For the processing, you're going to lose the work done already I think? Probably best to batch export all of the work to high quality files of your favoured sort and archive them off so you have a copy of the 'finished article' out of LR. Presumably you could hang on to an 'archive' copy of LR so that you can view and export images with the original processing if necessary?
 ChrisJD 25 Mar 2015
Might be worth waiting for LR-6 before taking the plunge - due very very soon (rumour mill warnings apply).

And LR-5 was a step up from LR-4
Post edited at 11:12
 ChrisJD 25 Mar 2015

Interesting what Briot said as well:

http://www.beautiful-landscape.com/Thoughts105-Fuji%20X100s%20review.html

"Of the two, the Iridient conversion is the smoothest. The capture One shows a more grainy image. These differences may be real or they may be due to my lack of experience using these two converters. I normally use Lightroom and this one my first attempt at using Iridient and Capture One 7. "

"While these tests were interesting to conduct, the best results, which are those obtained with Iridient, are not different enough from those obtained in Lightroom to justify changing my raw converter and giving up the other advantages offered by Lightroom. Another reason for continuing to use Lightroom is that I heard Adobe will be introducing an upgrade that will make it possible to process Fuji in-camera variants in Lightroom. These variants provide users with the possibility of giving Fuji film looks to raw captures and include presets for Fuji Velvia, Fuji Provia, Fuji color negative and more."
OP Si Withington 26 Mar 2015

Cheers for these. Will have a play. LR5 with the Iridient plug in is another, mid-way option.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...