UKC

Sailing trip to Greenland, summer 2015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EspenK 26 Mar 2015
Yo! I will be sailing from Norway to Greenland and back this summer, with departure in June and a total 3 months out. There will be climbing in abundance but this is not the only goal of the trip; In addition to vertical life there will be a large portion of trekking, meeting people and general adventuring around the East Greenland coast.

Currently the crew consists of 3 people with varying backgrounds and experience levels, I am looking for a fourth person to join in on the trip. Sailing/climbing experience is not a prerequisite but you need to be used to outdoors life.

In case a trip into the wild could be of interest then send me a PM and I can give you more detailed information on the plan, the style, previous experience and anything else you might be interested in. You can also have a look at www.blueboatblog.com for an account of last years' trip to the Orkney Islands to climb the Old Man of Hoy.

Cheers
Espen
OP EspenK 08 Apr 2015
In reply to EspenK:

Bumping this, still looking for 4th team member who is keen on joining in on an adventure. In the words of Ernest Shackleton; "Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful".

I am interested in hearing from people interested in the entire trip (mid June - mid September) or parts (1 month minimum practical time to spend on board, ideally either Jun-end July (Norway-Shetlands-Faroes-Iceland) or end July-mid Sep (Iceland-Greenland-Scotland))

Espen
 Roberttaylor 08 Apr 2015
In reply to EspenK:

What are the wages?

I'd be keen for June, have 4 weeks off then.

R
 Rharrison 08 Apr 2015
In reply to EspenK:

Sent you a message!
Rory
OP EspenK 08 Apr 2015
Thanks for the interest - you both have mail

OK so implying that there were wages involved might have been a slight exaggeration - at least the part about cold, dark uncertainty is entirely true!
In reply to EspenK:

Sent you a message too, this looks fantastic
OP EspenK 09 Apr 2015
In reply to Benjamin95:

Yhm!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...