UKC

Winter conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mason_7 27 Mar 2015
Hi, thinking of doing some scrambling up in the snowdon area next weekend? Has anybody recently been to tell me if its still winter conditions or not? Im not prepared otherwise as i do not own crampons or axes? I dont want to get there for it still be icey..
 Billhook 27 Mar 2015
In reply to mason_7:

I've no idea,but the snowdon area covers a huge amount of ground. You can always go up lower hills and avoid any snow, ice and other stuff you don't fancy.

And if there is any, you can always avoid it or turn around.
 Adam15 29 Mar 2015
In reply to mason_7:

Other than a few lumps on snow on the railway pretty much all gone on paths and ridges
 Skinny Kin 03 Apr 2015
In reply to mason_7:

It didn't look much snow left on Snowdon from the Nant Gwynant road view point yesterday (Thu). Only traces along footpaths (Pyg Track). Crib Goch looked clear. Glyderau should be fine (I imagine).
Can't see the tops from my house today. All cloudy and a bit of drizzle. That should wash off a bit more the remaining.
You can always pop round mine to borrow an axe if you require one.
mason_7 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Skinny Kin:

Thank you! That it very generous of you. Maybe I will come pop by anyway. If you ever want anybody to climb with let me know because I am always in need of a partner. I will be arriving in Llanberis tonight!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...