UKC

Windows Live Mail and Windows 8 email systems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 30 Mar 2015
For some unknown reason I seem, every so often, to lose emails from my folders. I have always hated the emails systems attached to windows 8, in fact I HATE windows 8.

Is there any way that Outlook Express can be downloaded and used with Windows 8? I never had problems with OE; why did Microsoft not build it into Windows 8?
OP mypyrex 30 Mar 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Bump
 ByEek 30 Mar 2015
In reply to mypyrex:
> For some unknown reason I seem, every so often, to lose emails from my folders. I have always hated the emails systems attached to windows 8, in fact I HATE windows 8.

Why do you persist in using them then? Switch to something else. I have used GMail for years now and still can't get over how useful it is. On the contrary I have started a job using Outlook again and basic stuff like auto-complete email addresses just doesn't work! I have to look up names each and every time I send an email.

Create a new account with some other provider and then set up auto forwarding on your old system. You can then configure your new email provider to send email with a reply address of your old system so you don't have to change your address.
Post edited at 13:21
 toad 30 Mar 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Thunderbird?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...