UKC

Lakes district this Friday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 coreybennett 30 Mar 2015
Hello, as the title says I guess. Me and a friend are heading to the lakes for a day climbing this Friday, were thinking of going to buckstone howe. After having a look at the met office fortcast I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. Is the crag fast drying? If it isn't is their anywhere close by to climb that's dry, preferably outside.

Cheers
 Gael Force 30 Mar 2015
In reply to coreybennett:

awful crag,loose, but does dry reasonably quickly...
 tmawer 31 Mar 2015

Quite high up and tends to catch the wind. Some very good routes (I think Gael Force and I have different views on what makes for good routes!) but you need to be a bit careful with some of the rock in places. Dries reasonably quickly, as does Yew Crags which is very nearby and the various buttresses have some worthwhile routes.

Buckstone is a great crag but cold and windy in less than ideal conditions. It dries quickly but there are some drainage lines and Honister Wall is lethal in the wet.
In view of the fact that it is currently excessively wet, and zero degrees, blowing a gale with hail, even if it settles down by Friday, maybe Shepherds Crag, Wallowbarrow, Raven Langdale etc and others at a lower level might be better choices.
DC
OP coreybennett 31 Mar 2015
In reply to Dave Cumberland:

Thank you very much!
Removed User 31 Mar 2015
In reply to Dave Cumberland:

Agreed - i think the only thing we've lacked today has been a plague of fire.
I think my choice would be between indoor walls if this keeps up...
 Gael Force 01 Apr 2015
In reply to tmawer:
I think that is a fair assumption!
Post edited at 23:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...