UKC

Motorcycle paintwork Sheffield, any recommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deepsoup 01 Apr 2015
This is a UKC 'fount of all knowledge' question...

Can anyone recommend somewhere in or near Sheffield to get a motorcycle petrol tank, a mudguard and a fairing resprayed?

They're off the bike so no mechanic-ing required, but the fairing in particular is a slightly fiddly 3D shape so possibly requires a bit more skill and/or patience than most car spraying.

I used a car body-shop just off Queen's Road to do a top-box lid a couple of years ago and they were ok but not brilliant.
On the tank especially I'd really like it to be quite nice. And I'd quite like it to be really nice. Both of which rule out diy - I'm rubbish at painting of any kind.

Ta.
In reply to deepsoup:

F1 body shop in barnsley are as good as you get.
adam11 01 Apr 2015
In reply to deepsoup:

Have you considered Hydrodipping? I've had one of my race bikes done, and with clearcoat over the top, it's far too nice to go 'tarmac surfing'
Price is comparable with a quality paint job too.
OP deepsoup 01 Apr 2015
In reply to adam11:
I hadn't even heard of it. I've just had a quick google, and it looks v clever.

I don't need anything *that* pretty though, just want reasonably shiny plain jet black. I suspect you have a much higher standard of "really nice" than I do. ;O)

Edit to add...
Saying that though, I see the place John recommended do it, and now I find myself thinking of patterns I could have on the tank instead of plain black...
Post edited at 17:48
OP deepsoup 01 Apr 2015
In reply to John Simpson:

They look good, thank you. :O)
 Timmd 01 Apr 2015
In reply to deepsoup:
Would a powder coater do the job?

I often cycle past Express Coatings, and if how busy a company is is an indication of quality, they forever have their doors open and a load of steel things waiting to be coated placed on the pavements outside.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Express+Coatings/@53.388019,-1.464892,1...
Post edited at 17:43
 Timmd 01 Apr 2015
In reply to deepsoup:

F1 body shop do look good.
OP deepsoup 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Timmd:
> Would a powder coater do the job?

Not an option for the plastics I believe. The tank is steel so would be possible, but I'd really rather take all the bits to the same place. Thanks though.
In reply to deepsoup:

No probs.
 Dax H 01 Apr 2015
In reply to deepsoup:

I don't know about Sheffield but if you nip up the M1 to Leeds ThunderCity motorcycles do a bang up job.
OP deepsoup 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Dax H:
Ta for the tip. :O)

Somewhere a bit closer would be nice, but I definitely wouldn't rule out a nip up to Leeds.
(Or over to Manchester, or anywhere really within about an hour or so's drive.)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...