UKC

Self inflating mat/air bed double

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chloe 05 Apr 2015
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a double self inflating mattress or air bed for camping.

Has anyone got any suggestions please?
 damowilk 05 Apr 2015
In reply to Chloe:

Getting a decent one is a bit of a gap in the market. There are the cheap, heavy, and unreliable ones from the likes of Coghlans etc. You can get methods to attach 2 together, which don't work very well. But exped have just come out with a range of doubles, called the Synmat duos, but they are quite heavy, and bit pricey.
 Brass Nipples 05 Apr 2015
In reply to Chloe:

If it's just for campsites arriving by car then Coleman do double air mattresses.

George Fisher 05 Apr 2015
In reply to Chloe:

I've been looking for the same. Vango do one at about £65.
 ADH 05 Apr 2015
In reply to Chloe:

aerobed with chargeable cordless pump are the best....that is if you need the best!
 Doad13 07 Apr 2015
In reply to Chloe:

I'm looking into the same thing currently. Past air beds have been hit and miss from all the usual people (GO,Coleman,Vango). My problem is our tent has a head height of 1.20m so putting a 'deluxe' air bed at 50cm would take up to much room anything above around 20-25cm you start to feel cramped trying to avoid condensation in the morning.

Looking into the self inflating mats Vango have some doubles which seem pretty solid (10cm). I noticed they do a 5cm version which is capable of folding to a single 10cm. Going down to the local independent shop (next weekend) as they seem to have them in stock get a couple out hopefully and get a feel for them.

My thoughts are that since there is a block of foam in there it should resist the compression air beds get over a night. I know my 3/4 self inflating mat does the job, unless that's just psychological due to being under a tarp anything is a luxury.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...