UKC

Where to climb in the Lakes tomorrow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dervey 07 Apr 2015
Hi all,

It's me again, asking the same question. I got some great answers last time, so thought I'd ask again.

Where will be good in the Lakes tomorrow? Not really sure what I fancy. HVS/E1/E2 probably. Thinking of Gimmer, Esk, for longer stuff Sgt Crag slabs for shorter valley stuff. Will I be freezing on the first two whilst the valleys bake? Anywhere with short walk ins and long routes? Any amazing sun traps out there?

Cheers,
Dervey
 Mark Eddy 07 Apr 2015
In reply to Dervey:

Gimmer was sublime yesterday and would've been same again today, looking great for tomorrow too. A few photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.870298679707963.1073742024.103231...

Have a good un
OP Dervey 07 Apr 2015
In reply to A Mountain Journey:

Thanks for the heads up. I think you've swayed me!
 Gael Force 07 Apr 2015
In reply to Dervey: Whits end direct on Gimmer, awesome...

Mark Eddy 07 Apr 2015
In reply to Gael Force:

There were a couple of guys on Whit's End Direct whilst we were up there yesterday. Looked very very good.
Not done it yet, done Whit's End which was excellent as is F route
OP Dervey 07 Apr 2015
In reply to Gael Force:
Oddly enough that's what I've got my eye on!
 shantaram 07 Apr 2015
In reply to Dervey:

Don't overlook Pavey Ark in Langdale. It's got great quality rock and loads of great routes in the HVS - E2 range. You couldn't go wrong with Arcturus, Capella, Bracken Clock and Golden Slipper. Another one of my fave crags is High Crag in Buttermere. Loads of quality routes at the HVS - E2 range. Philistine, Samson and Gethsemane are really worthwhile. Both crags get sun until mid afternoon.
OP Dervey 08 Apr 2015
In reply to Dervey:
Thanks for the good advice. We went up to Gimmer and had a great day on Asterisk and Whits
End Direct.
Post edited at 20:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...