UKC

new route on fallen Slab ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dereke12000 08 Apr 2015
Does anyone know about the new route on the right of the Fallen Slab at Blacknor Beach - it must be recently bolted as the drilling dust is still there and some of the resin hasn't set yet!

Good route for beginners - I'd give it around a grade 3

Blacknor Beach
 steve taylor 08 Apr 2015
In reply to dereke12000:

Sounds like someone has retroed intermediate route or right route.

If this is the case, then it should have been proposed at a BMC local area meeting before it happened.

So much for the Dorset Bolt Agreement 😯
 jezb1 08 Apr 2015
In reply to steve taylor:

And the resin should set pretty quick... So worth checking out before trusting implicitly....
In reply to dereke12000:

If the resin didn't set in this heat will it set properly at all?
OP dereke12000 08 Apr 2015
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

There was a patch of resin on the ground at the top beyond the lower offs which was partially set and partially sticky - had us wondering if resin & hardener weren't mixed fully before using...
In reply to dereke12000:

Might have just been the first bit out which sometimes doesn't mix well. Sounds a bit dodgy especially if they never cleaned up their dust if it is all over the place although it won't last long down there with a bit of wind.
OP dereke12000 09 Apr 2015
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

Here's a photo from yesterday: http://www.dcenet.co.uk/downloads/IMG_20150408_140156_bolts.jpg - the climber is being lowered down 'Fallen Slab'.

I hadn't been there for a while, but the lower offs look new (chain & ring) and there's a new single bolt & ring between 'Fallen Slab Arete' and 'Fallen Slab' with no bolts below so I guessed this is for a trad route.

So from what you're saying then I guess the route 'Right Hand Route' VD has just been bolted, and the route 'Intermediate Route' 4b has a new lower-off. It confused me because the routes on UKC Blacknor Beach don't seem to be in the right order.
 AidanBoyce1 09 Apr 2015
In reply to dereke12000:
Good work Derek have to say i was def a touch concerned to find the resin not gone off!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...