UKC

Jelly leaking out of a toe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 09 Apr 2015
Last year I got a spot/swelling on my big toe. So I popped with a pin and squeezed and a blob of jelly came out. The spot kept swelling through the year and periodically I releived the pressure by popping and squeezing out the jelly.
I bust a rib at Crookrise in Octoberish and for various reasons did not climb outside until a couple of weeks ago and the spot went away . Then I had a week in Moroco and 4 days on the Gower, and it is back. I am gussing it is fluid from a joint being forced out when I use my feet for climbing. I am going to the docs tomorrow, but has anyone else experienced this.
grice_philip 09 Apr 2015
In reply to Que Sera Sera:

Ganglion cyst? These can be syringed to remove the jelly stuff inside but tend to come back. You can also hit them with a big book to make them disappear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganglion_cyst
J1234 09 Apr 2015
In reply to grice_philip:

Thats the one.
 The Lemming 09 Apr 2015

I've had a few in my finger joints and the fooken hurt. However if I press hard enough then I can burst them. I get an audible pop followed by a soothing warm sensation through my finger.

Mmmm, soothing.
 FactorXXX 09 Apr 2015

What flavour jelly was it?
 Jon Stewart 09 Apr 2015

Yes, exactly the same. Did exactly as you for a year or so with a needle, it eventually went away (well there's still something there but it's not a cyst just a hard bump). Hurt a fair bit when there was loads of pressure on the surrounding tissue, but easily remedied, temporarily. I couldn't work out what the jelly was, just thought it was intracellular fluid full of protein - never thought of synovial fluid. So thanks for the diagnosis!
 Oldsign 09 Apr 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

Long-pig jelly is rumoured to taste a bit like chicken :s
 FactorXXX 09 Apr 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

It's no wonder my dog loves licking the open sores caused by my Athletes Foot then!
 Timmd 10 Apr 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:
Bleargh

I'm digesting a late dinner.

Where's the mind bleach?
Post edited at 00:45
 FactorXXX 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

It certainly tastes fowl...
J1234 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Cheers that sounds optimististic I can quite see the Doc saying stop climbing which is logical.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...