UKC

Gwern Gof Isaf

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 09 Apr 2015
Anyone know what's going on at Gwern Gof Isaf in Ogwen Valley? I drove past today and there were load of vehicles and a huge great marquee,
 Ian Rock 09 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

They are shooting a film - another Arthur thing I was told. Don't know if that had any thing to do with the choppers coming and going or not.
 Trevers 09 Apr 2015
In reply to Ian Rock:

> They are shooting a film - another Arthur thing I was told. Don't know if that had any thing to do with the choppers coming and going or not.

Will it end with Excalibur being lobbed into Glaslyn and the knights going to sleep in caves under Lliwedd?
OP mypyrex 09 Apr 2015
In reply to Ian Rock:

Thanks, curiosity satisfied. Wonder how much they are paying the farmer/putting into the local economy.
In reply to mypyrex:

It's the new Guy Richie / Jude Law film Knights of the Round Table : King Arthur. There are going to be some road, path and hill closures over the 11-17th, including a request not to climb/scramble the East face / North ridge of Tryfan on certain days.
In reply to mypyrex:

See:
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/movie-access-closures-in-snowdonia

Lots of extras, mountain guides etc employed, before thinking about pub/restaurant/shop revenues and likely ongoing boost to tourism
 mountainbagger 09 Apr 2015
In reply to Trevers:

> Will it end with Excalibur being lobbed into Glaslyn and the knights going to sleep in caves under Lliwedd?

Will it start with Arthur pulling his sword out of Adam or Eve I wonder? Or is that a different sort of film?
 Neil Williams 09 Apr 2015
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

I love the idea that they've asked people to stay off bits of Tryfan with no official closure. I can see that some people might see that as a red rag to a bull...

Neil
In reply to mypyrex:

> Thanks, curiosity satisfied. Wonder how much they are paying the farmer/putting into the local economy.

Would you like me to ask him?
 The Potato 09 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

i shall be there on saturday morning, nothing planned on their website for then thankfully but regardless of planned closures they would have some idiot running up heather terrace in the background.
 stewieatb 09 Apr 2015
In reply to Ian Rock:

Bugger, now I've got this stuck in my head: youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0&
 pneame 10 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

It would seem entirely appropriate to have a bunch of folks bopping across the knights move during the course of the film.
 Neil Williams 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Pesda potato:

It appears to be closed up to and including Sunday 26th April (if you try to do an online booking those dates are blocked out, and I don't believe they otherwise put any limits on the online bookings as I've never seen it showing full otherwise).

Bit odd that there's nothing on the front page, but then they are farmers, not web designers.

Neil
In reply to mountainbagger:

> Will it start with Arthur pulling his sword out of Adam or Eve I wonder? Or is that a different sort of film?

Snigger
 Fat Bumbly2 10 Apr 2015
Some imposition, stay off Tryfan. Still think of the enormous benefits to the coconut trade in North Wales.

Trevers 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

> Some imposition, stay off Tryfan. Still think of the enormous benefits to the coconut trade in North Wales.

However I don't imagine the European Swallow population is going to be overly impressed with the massive influx of African Swallows stealing all their jobs.
 Neil Williams 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

One hopes that absent an official closure they won't have "heavies" preventing access. That would be out of order.

Neil
 DoctorYoghourt 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

> It's the new Guy Richie / Jude Law film Knights of the Round Table : King Arthur. There are going to be some road, path and hill closures over the 11-17th, including a request not to climb/scramble the East face / North ridge of Tryfan on certain days.

I know where I'm going next week now!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...