UKC

Wester Ross beta

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bisset 10 Apr 2015
Just interested to know if anyone knows of an available topo for Glutton crag yet? It's not covered in the Scottish sport guide I have. Also, is it best to base in Gairloch or Ullapool for the Wester Ross sport climbing? Thanks!
 Dr Toph 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Bisset:

Glutton Crag will be covered in the forthcoming 2nd edition of 7aMax (you heard it here first, folks!)
or if you are a member of MCofS, they had an article on Glutton in their e-magazine a while back

For sport climbing, there is definitely a higher density of crags around Gairloch : Creag nan Luch, Goat Crag, Goat-in-theWoods, Am Fasaich, The Perch, Oisean, Cadhag etc, are all closer to Gairloch.
The only one particularly close to Ullapool is Glutton. That said, Ullapool is a bigger town - more things to do on a rainy day or the evening, cheaper supplies, choice of accomadation etc. So depends if you are wanting creature comforts or minimal driving.

Enjoy!
OP Bisset 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Dr Toph:

Thanks for the info. The shop north west outdoors have said they have a topo for Glutton crag, so I may swing by there if we go that way. I haven't seen the MCoS article, but all the pictures look really good from other articles I've seen, and sport climbing on torridonian sandstone sounds awesome. A good grade spread which would suit my girlfriend too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...