UKC

Aulus Les Bains Pyrenees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 17 Apr 2015
I'm looking for info on any bus services to a little town called Aulus les Bains in the Ariege. Either from St Girons or Foix. I cannot seem to open any links and my French is pants. Any info greatly appreciated.
interdit 17 Apr 2015
In reply to goatee:

Foix is in the next major valley over. No bus to Aulus afaik.

St Girons - Place des Capots.
Mon-Fri
- d.12:05 - a.13:05
- d.17:20 - a.18:33

Not on Sundays or holiday days.

http://www.haut-couserans.com/pratique/acces/en-bus-depuis-saint-girons.php

Intrigued as to why you are heading to Aulus.
OP goatee 17 Apr 2015
In reply to interdit:

Many thanks for the info . Much appreciated.
 John Ww 17 Apr 2015
In reply to interdit:
Having been there, I too am intrigued

JW
Post edited at 22:31
interdit 17 Apr 2015
In reply to John Ww:

Maybe he is desperate to take the waters?

Or perhaps has a desire to climb Col d'Agnes or Col de la Trappe, though the bus driver will give him funny looks if he has a bike
OP goatee 17 Apr 2015
In reply to interdit:

I have been heading to the Pyrenees for the past few years basically starting at Banyuls sur Mer and heading west. I have been loosely following the GR10 and taking in some peaks on the way. I ended my last trip near Aulus and I plan to continue my merry way west from near there. You never know..i might take the waters...if I can find something suitable to mix with em.
interdit 18 Apr 2015
In reply to goatee:

Ahh. I remember discussing snow conditions and the vultures you saw after one of your previous tips here.

Have a good trip and I hope the bus works out for you.

If not, the Massat (Arac) valley / Seix (Salat) valley are not too bad for thumbing a lift - Lots of locals do this, especially on market days.
Probably a little more difficult, though not impossible, to cadge a lift up the Garbet valley for the final stretch to Aulus.
 John Ww 18 Apr 2015
In reply to goatee:

Aha, I see. Aulus (as you probably know) has a very interesting (if not terribly pleasant) past, and is in the middle of some pretty stunning scenery. Hope you enjoy your trip.

JW
OP goatee 18 Apr 2015
In reply to John Ww:

I have no idea of its history. I must research. Cheers
 mypyrex 20 Apr 2015
In reply to goatee:

Might be worth trying the SNCF website or the local tourist office. Four years ago I did get a bus from nearby Seix to St. Girons so I'm pretty sure Aulus will also be served by bus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...