UKC

Clyde Murielshiel Country park

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 19 Apr 2015
Hi.

This is a big park outside Glasgow. What's the position on camping in such places? Not lighting a fire but just arrive late, leave early, me and my dog. Reason is my dog is too old to go hillwalking now and this park is moderately wild and close to Glasgow.
 gscw 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

It is wild alright.

You could camp there no bother.

I used to take kids walking at night there when I was a teacher in the area.

Graeme.
 DaveHK 19 Apr 2015
In reply to gscw:

Plenty of discrete spots. I camped there loads as a kid. There are some good spots on the opposite side of the river Calder from the park or up the old mine track if you fancied a bit of a walk.
 Mikkel 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Used to live just north of Largs and have camped up near Hill of Stake, did not see a single person as i walked in from th e west.

The view over Firth of Clyde is really nice
https://www.flickr.com/photos/83246699@N00/272400963/in/album-7215759433297...
 suilven 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

There is a camping field just below the Visitor Centre car park by the river - couple of wooden wigwams for cooking in if its wet too. Used it a few times with DofE kids.
 Brownie 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Nice spots at,
Queenside loch 29 64
Crawwhin Resv 24 70
cars usually safe parked at Muirshiel, Brisbane glen less so.

Access code allows for wild camping ( leave no trace) and this is what the park goes by, avoid in-by fields at this time of year as farmers just started the lambing - moorland areas ok. - please no fires
Rangers contact is 01505 842 882 ext 22 for more info

enjoy
OP Flinticus 20 Apr 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Brilliant all: that's perfect, better than I expected. Can now look forward to taking the dog out, even for some nice mid-week camps and back in time for work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...